microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Framework Help Needed.

lalthen

5/12/2008 7:56:00 PM

Hello,

I am using Windows XP home edition version 2002 SP2 and my system has
installed on it
MS.NET Framework (English) V1.0.3705
MS.NET Framework 1.1
MS.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)

I have an update ready to install and when I try to do the install,
after 30 or more seconds I get a message that reads
The following updates were not installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version

I have tried to get help and the only thing I could find is at
http://support.microsoft.com/... where it says that the
installation of .Net Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 (Kb867461) cannot be
installed because you have one or more hot fixes installed. Remove them
and try again.

I removed the MS.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366) and tried to
install the update again. The results were the same -- could not install
and shortly afterwards the Hotfix reappeared in my system's Add/Remove
programs list.

I am getting desperate. Does anyone know what I must do get get this SP
3 update installed?

Thanks in advance,
Lee
2 Answers

Robert Schuldenfrei

Hi Lee,

Did you ever get an answer to your question? Have you fixed your
installation?

Cheers,

Bob

"lalthen" <lalthen@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using Windows XP home edition version 2002 SP2 and my system has
> installed on it
> MS.NET Framework (English) V1.0.3705
> MS.NET Framework 1.1
> MS.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
>
> I have an update ready to install and when I try to do the install, after
> 30 or more seconds I get a message that reads
> The following updates were not installed:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3, English Version
>

> I have tried to get help and the only thing I could find is at
> http://support.microsoft.com/... where it says that the
> installation of .Net Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 (Kb867461) cannot be
> installed because you have one or more hot fixes installed. Remove them
> and try again.
>
> I removed the MS.NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366) and tried to install
> the update again. The results were the same -- could not install and
> shortly afterwards the Hotfix reappeared in my system's Add/Remove
> programs list.
>
> I am getting desperate. Does anyone know what I must do get get this SP 3
> update installed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lee

lalthen

Robert Schuldenfrei wrote:
Bob,

No I have never gotten an answer to my question and I still have not
fixed my installation. Have any ideas?

Lee