microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Internet Explorer cannot download MyForm.aspx from localhost

Brian Cryer

5/12/2008 11:57:00 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I couldn't find it ...

I have a web application written using Visual Studio 2005. I recently
migrated from XP to a new PC running Vista. So different/new version of IIS
(I'm using the built in version of IIS because it means I can easily run the
appliction without needing to fire up Visual Studio when the need arises).

I can now run and debug my web application, but if the application goes
belly up instead of getting an error displayed in internet explorer, I get a
download box at 0% and an error message titled "Windows Internet Explorer"
with the text:

Internet Explorer cannot downlod MyForm.aspx from localhost.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Any idea what setting I'm missing so I can get back to showing error
messages like it did on XP? If I then debug it using Visual Studio I get the
exception caught like it used to.

TIA.