microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

SELECT AS BUTTON AND NOT AS LINK

DENTONE

5/8/2008 9:24:00 AM

Hello,

If i put GridView1.AutoGenerateSelectButton = true in a gridview i obtain a
link button for selct a row.
But if a want not a link but a Button how i can?

thank's

3 Answers

stcheng

Hi DENTONE,

As for GirdView's Select Button, if you choose "AutoGenerateSelectButton",
it will do all the button generation with default setting(which use
linkbutton). If you need more customization on it, you can use the
"CommandField" instead of "AutoGenerateSelectButton"

#CommandField Class
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols....
ld.aspx

Here is how you can use the "CommandField" to add a select button and
change its buttontype.

=================================
<Columns>

<asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True"
ButtonType="Button"/>

</Columns>

</asp:GridView>

====================================

Hope this helps. If there is any further questions, welcome to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

ications.

--------------------
>From: "DENTONE" <dinodentone@community.nospam>
>Subject: SELECT AS BUTTON AND NOT AS LINK
>Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:24:09 +0200

>Hello,
>
>If i put GridView1.AutoGenerateSelectButton = true in a gridview i obtain
>link button for selct a row.
>But if a want not a link but a Button how i can?
>
>thank's

DENTONE

Thank's for all
"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" <stcheng@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:k%237zfVYsIHA.1900@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
> Hi DENTONE,
>
> As for GirdView's Select Button, if you choose "AutoGenerateSelectButton",
> it will do all the button generation with default setting(which use
> linkbutton). If you need more customization on it, you can use the
> "CommandField" instead of "AutoGenerateSelectButton"
>
> #CommandField Class
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols....
> ld.aspx
>
> Here is how you can use the "CommandField" to add a select button and
> change its buttontype.
>
> =================================
> <Columns>
>
> <asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True"
> ButtonType="Button"/>
>
> </Columns>
>
> </asp:GridView>
>
> ====================================
>
> Hope this helps. If there is any further questions, welcome to post here.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> msdnmg@microsoft.com.

> ications.
> rights.
>
> --------------------
>>From: "DENTONE" <dinodentone@community.nospam>
>>Subject: SELECT AS BUTTON AND NOT AS LINK
>>Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:24:09 +0200
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>If i put GridView1.AutoGenerateSelectButton = true in a gridview i obtain
>>link button for selct a row.
>>But if a want not a link but a Button how i can?
>>
>>thank's

stcheng

Thanks for your quick response DENTONE,

I'm glad to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

ications..

--------------------
>From: "DENTONE" <dinodentone@community.nospam>
>Subject: Re: SELECT AS BUTTON AND NOT AS LINK
>Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:21:42 +0200
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
>
>Thank's for all
>"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" <stcheng@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
>messaggio news:k%237zfVYsIHA.1900@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi DENTONE,
>>
>> As for GirdView's Select Button, if you choose
"AutoGenerateSelectButton",
>> it will do all the button generation with default setting(which use
>> linkbutton). If you need more customization on it, you can use the
>> "CommandField" instead of "AutoGenerateSelectButton"
>>
>> #CommandField Class

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols....
>> ld.aspx
>>
>> Here is how you can use the "CommandField" to add a select button and
>> change its buttontype.
>>
>> =================================
>> <Columns>
>>
>> <asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True"
>> ButtonType="Button"/>
>>
>> </Columns>
>>
>> </asp:GridView>

>> Hope this helps. If there is any further questions, welcome to post here.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steven Cheng
>>
>> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
>>

>> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and
Please