microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Send mail through Exchange?

Tony K

5/7/2008 5:18:00 PM

VB 2005 .NET

I am wanting to find out if anyone has sample code, or a link to sample code
to send mail through Exchange. I know how to send mail via SMTP but my
application needs to generate an email to be sent to an internal member of
the domain who gets the email from an exchange server.

Thanks,
Tony K.

2 Answers

Scott M.

You'll need to reference the Collabrative Data Objects (CDO) library and
then you can send mail via Exchange automation.

-Scott

"Tony K" <myfirstname@kingprogramming.com> wrote in message
> VB 2005 .NET
>
> I am wanting to find out if anyone has sample code, or a link to sample
> code to send mail through Exchange. I know how to send mail via SMTP but
> my application needs to generate an email to be sent to an internal member
> of the domain who gets the email from an exchange server.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony K.

Tony K

Ok. Thanks Scott for directing me to the right area.

Tony K.