microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

POS printer on LPT ready ??

BB

5/6/2008 5:53:00 AM

Hi

Is there a simple way (or any other way) to find out is POS printer on LPT
port ready ??
VB 2005

Thenks.

3 Answers

Benny Skjold Tordrup

Hi

What do you mean with ready?

You could send a zero byte printjob to the printer and after a slight delay
test if the print queue is empty.

Benny

"BB" <ssb_cro@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi
>
> Is there a simple way (or any other way) to find out is POS printer on LPT
> port ready ??
> VB 2005
>
> Thenks.

BB

I mean something like that
This code I'm using to find out is POS printer on COM port is ready for
printing:

Dim oSerPort As System.IO.Ports.SerialPort
oSerPort = New System.IO.Ports.SerialPort(cPort, 9600, Ports.Parity.None, 8,
Ports.StopBits.One)
oSerPort.Open()
If oSerPort.DsrHolding Then
'Printer is ready
Else
'Printer is NOT ready
End if

"Benny Skjold Tordrup" <bst@visma.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> What do you mean with ready?
>
> You could send a zero byte printjob to the printer and after a slight
> delay test if the print queue is empty.
>
> Benny
>

> "BB" <ssb_cro@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a simple way (or any other way) to find out is POS printer on
>> LPT port ready ??
>> VB 2005
>>
>> Thenks.

Dick Grier

If LPT1 is an internal parallel port, not a USB connected device, then you
can use IONet.dll from my homepage to examine the printer status register.

You also may want to look at:

http://support.microsoft.com...
or
http://support.microsoft.com...