microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

WF Foundation & Multiple State Machines

hufaunder@yahoo.com

5/5/2008 12:03:00 AM

I have a system with three main components and each of these
components is represented by a class.

1) A light source
2) A video camera
3) A motorized platform to move an object

The user controls the light source (brightness, direction, etc), the
motorized platform to move the object into different positions and the
camera (framerate, sensitivity, etc). The video camera continuously
shows the images. In this scenario all three components work mostly
independently and in parallel (the user can adjust the light while the
motor is still moving).

Now there is an additional mode where the object can automatically be
analyzed. The program automatically moves the object into different
positions, adjusts the light and reads out the images at each position
from the camera for processing.

What is the best approach to implement all of this? I was thinking of
using the WF Foundation. For the first case I could have three state
machines. But then how could I make these state machines interact with
each other for the second scenario?

Also note that the end product is not necessary a full program but can
also be an SDK where the user just sends commands to the different
components and also has a command to start the automated analysis
(without programing that part him/herself).

Thanks