Fred

5/1/2008 8:39:00 AM

Hello,

With vb.NET, I created a very simple class library project with only one
com class (one method).
I used the setup project template to generate an msi file.

On some computers, trying to use my com class in a VBA macro throws the
error :
The assembly ... or one of its dependencies was not found (my
translation !)

Have you seen this kind of problem ? I can't figure out what are the
differences between the computers on which the com class runs and the
one on which it doesn't.

Visual Studio 2005
All updates installed on the development computer

Thanks.

--
Fred
foleide@free.fr

3 Answers

Fred

Dans : news:%23z14Pb2qIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Fred disait :

I forgot a point.

It seems (but I am not 100% sure) that on the computers in error, the
setup ask to restart. I never saw this on the computers on which the com
class runs.

--
Fred
foleide@free.fr

Phil Wilson

"setup ask to restart": Does this mean that there's a progress dialog and
perhaps Windows Installer is asking for the install MSI again?
I'm wondering if this is a repair. If so, one possibility is that the setup
isn't being installed for all users.

--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

"Fred" <foleide@free.fr.invalid> wrote in message
> Dans : news:%23z14Pb2qIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> Fred disait :
>
> I forgot a point.
>
> It seems (but I am not 100% sure) that on the computers in error, the
> setup ask to restart. I never saw this on the computers on which the com
> class runs.
>
> --
> Fred
> foleide@free.fr

Fred

Dans : news:%23UOVfmIrIHA.2292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Phil Wilson disait :

Hello Phil,

> "setup ask to restart": Does this mean that there's a progress dialog
> and perhaps Windows Installer is asking for the install MSI again?

The setup completes normally, and then a dialog box ask to restart the
computer.

> I'm wondering if this is a repair. If so, one possibility is that the
> setup isn't being installed for all users.

The repair dialog doesn't appears and the program is installed for all
users.
It's difficult to me to have access to the computers that fail. As soon
as I have one I will examine carefully the system. I really think it is
a problem with the pre-installed components on the system (perhaps
anti-virus ?). I can't make a more simple program than my «Hello world»
to test.

Perhaps do I need to cleanup the installer program ? I saw some tools on
microsoft website (msizap I think).

--
Fred
foleide@free.fr