microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Is AJAX Extension needs Visual Studio .Net 2005

Naveen

Do Visual Studio .Net 2005 need to be installed for installing AJAX
Extension.

Thank you

Naveen G
4 Answers

Patrice

Not clear. You never need to install VS on a production server to get a
particular capability.

I would ask the other way round. What do you use currently (.NET 1.1 or .NET
3.5 ?).

http://www.asp... could perhaps help...

"Naveen" <naveengnair@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
86097520-3883-443a-8c32-e4489fe09cee@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> Do Visual Studio .Net 2005 need to be installed for installing AJAX
> Extension.
>
> Thank you
>
> Naveen G

Naveen

Currently I am using .Net 2.0

My raised this question because , as per the Release Note
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions
\v1.0.61025\ReleaseNotes.txt

it is said that

3. Pre-installation
-------------------

* Remove previous versions. You must remove previously installed
versions of ASP.NET AJAX
before installing this release. You can uninstall previous releases
using the Add/Remove
Programs application in Control Panel.

* Install Visual Studio 2005 SP1. We strongly recommend that you
install Visual Studio 2005
Service Pack 1 (SP1) before installing ASP.NET AJAX. You can obtain
the SP1 update from the
following location:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Li...

So Is it Mandatory or?

Naveen G

On Apr 24, 6:26 pm, "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/s... wrote:
> Not clear. You never need to install VS on a production server to get a
> particular capability.
>
> I would ask the other way round. What do you use currently (.NET 1.1 or .NET
> 3.5 ?).
>
> http://www.asp.net/... perhaps help...
>
> "Naveen" <naveengn...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion :
> 86097520-3883-443a-8c32-e4489fe09...@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi,
> > Do Visual Studio .Net 2005 need to be installed for installing AJAX
> > Extension.
>
> > Thank you
>
> > Naveen G

Patrice

IMO it just describes what a developer should do to create an AJAX
application. Do you install this on a dev box or on a production server ?

If this a production server I'm fairly confident you can skip the "VS" step
(as I said earlier you never have to install VS on a production server).

I'm not sure I used this version (I'm using 3.5 where this is just built-in)
but AFAIK when you deploy the application, what you need is just copied to
the server as part of the bin folder...

--
Patrice

fac39e11-7841-42c6-9db3-e0abe3edbc84@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com...
> Currently I am using .Net 2.0
>
> My raised this question because , as per the Release Note
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions
> \v1.0.61025\ReleaseNotes.txt
>
> it is said that
>
> 3. Pre-installation
> -------------------
>
> * Remove previous versions. You must remove previously installed
> versions of ASP.NET AJAX
> before installing this release. You can uninstall previous releases
> using the Add/Remove
> Programs application in Control Panel.
>
> * Install Visual Studio 2005 SP1. We strongly recommend that you
> install Visual Studio 2005
> Service Pack 1 (SP1) before installing ASP.NET AJAX. You can obtain
> the SP1 update from the
> following location:
>
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Li...
>
> So Is it Mandatory or?
>
> Naveen G
>

> On Apr 24, 6:26 pm, "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/s... wrote:
>> Not clear. You never need to install VS on a production server to get a
>> particular capability.
>>
>> I would ask the other way round. What do you use currently (.NET 1.1 or
>> .NET
>> 3.5 ?).
>>
>> http://www.asp.net/... perhaps help...
>>
>> "Naveen" <naveengn...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion :
>> 86097520-3883-443a-8c32-e4489fe09...@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > Do Visual Studio .Net 2005 need to be installed for installing AJAX
>> > Extension.
>>
>> > Thank you
>>
>> > Naveen G

Naveen