Reading XML docs (Ruby/Rails

Kyle Heon

6/26/2005 12:42:00 AM

I'm pretty new to Ruby and Rails so I apologize if this has always been
discussed here.

I'm trying to figure out how to open an xml document and work with the data,
specifically using XPath statements.

I wasn't really successful looking for info on how to do this. Are there any
built-in classes (Ruby and/or Rails) that I can read up on? If not, what
about third party parsers?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle Heon
kheon@comcast.net

1 Answer

james_b

Kyle Heon wrote:
> I'm pretty new to Ruby and Rails so I apologize if this has always been
> discussed here.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to open an xml document and work with the data,
> specifically using XPath statements.
>
> I wasn't really successful looking for info on how to do this. Are there any
> built-in classes (Ruby and/or Rails) that I can read up on? If not, what
> about third party parsers?

Ruby includes REXML as part of the standard lib.

It includes XPath, so you can load a document and select content via
XPath expressions.

http://www.ru.../stdlib/libdoc/r...

James

--