Eclipse Weird Console Error

Seago

6/23/2005 2:42:00 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. It's pretty much the
weirdest thing I've seen in an IDE. I installed the RDT plugin for
eclipse and it appears to work great except if I 'gets' or 'readline'
anywhere in the program it forces me to enter those strings before any
of the rest of the program runs. So then when the rest program does
run everything is out of order. If I compile using a terminal it works
fine.

If anybody has any thoughts I would appreciate hearing them. I'm lost.
Thanks.

3 Answers

Chris Pine

Sounds like your output is being buffered. There's some switch in
Ruby you can use to stop that, I think... now what was it...

<digs around>

$stdout.sync = true

Haven't used that in a while, but try throwing that at the top of your program.

Chris

Seago

Where you got that from I have no idea, but it works beautifully.

Thanks Chris.

Chris Pine

> Where you got that from I have no idea, but it works beautifully.

Me, neither.

:)