CGI: Authentication with ADS

Boris Glawe

I'd like to write a cgi script with ruby, which generates a login page.
I have to use the active directory server for the authentication.

Do you have any hint how to do this? Do I have to use ruby's ldap library and
compare any password hashes or is there a way to encrypt the password in a way
that I can send it to the ADS and let him check it for validity? I've got no
idea where to start. I've got knowledge about ldap, but still I don't know how
to talk to the AS.

I have another script written in perl, which already solves this problem, but
this scipt contains dozens of calls to system(). That's what I'd like to avoid,
especially because the script should be portable to other unix version (where
programs have different command line options, etc) and other operating systems.

thanks in advance

Boris
44 Answers

JohnJohnsn

On Jul 26, 5:27 am, a Cold War Dinosaur named Henry `Scaleyback' Wynne
<Henry.Wynne@communist-party.org.uk> wrote:

> ColdWarDinosaur wrote:
>
>> ColdWarDinosaur wrote:
>
>>> I see MASH type field hospital tents with Christian Coalition
>>> fundamentalists praying away gangrene, shrapnel wounds and pain while
>>> GOP and Tea Party sell off all the medical equipment and donate the
>>> proceeds to churches and Televangelists...
>
> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.

You do realize that answering your own posting three times
demonstrates the height of narcissism; don't you, Henry? <snicker>

Meanwhile, "For the REST of the story" (thanks, Paul Harvey <g>) we go
to The Army Times:

Walter Reed closing ‘an emotional time’
By Kimberly Hefling
Saturday Jul 23, 2011 11:34:46 EDT

WASHINGTON — Walter Reed Army Medical Center, the Army’s flagship
hospital where privates to presidents have gone for care, is closing
its doors after more than a century.

Hundreds of thousands of the nation’s war wounded from World War I to
today have received treatment at Walter Reed, including 18,000 troops
who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

President Dwight Eisenhower died there. So did Gens. John J. Pershing
and Douglas MacArthur.

It’s where countless celebrities, from Bob Hope to quarterback Tom
Brady, have stopped to show their respect to the wounded. Through the
use of medical diplomacy, the center also has tended to foreign
leaders.

The storied hospital, which opened in 1909, was scarred by a 2007
scandal involving substandard living conditions on its grounds for
wounded troops in outpatient care and the red tape they faced. It led
to improved care for the wounded, at Walter Reed and throughout the
military. By then, however, plans were moving forward to close Walter
Reed’s campus.

Two years earlier, a government commission, noting that Walter Reed
was showing its age, voted to close the facility and consolidate its
operations with the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md.,
and a hospital at Fort Belvoir, Va., to save money.

Former and current patients and staff members will say goodbye at a
ceremony Wednesday on the parade grounds in front of the main concrete
and glass hospital complex. Most of the moving will occur in August.
On Sept. 15, the Army hands over the campus to the new tenants: the
State Department and the District of Columbia.

The buildings on campus deemed national historic landmarks will be
preserved; others probably will be torn down. The city is expected to
develop its section for retail and other uses.

“For many of the staff members, even though they know that this is the
future of the military health system, in a way, it’s still like losing
your favorite uncle, and so there is a certain amount of mourning that
is going on and it is an emotional time,” said Col. Norvell Coots,
commander of the Walter Reed Health Care System.

The new facility will be called the Walter Reed National Military
Medical Center. It will consolidate many of Walter Reed’s current
offerings with the Navy hospital.

“Frankly, I will say it’s with a heavy heart that Walter Reed closes.
I don’t know. I know that there was a process for that decision, but
we’ve lost a great, important part of history,” said Susan Eisenhower,
granddaughter of the former president.

She recalled bringing to the hospital a birthday cake she had baked
for her grandfather, who spent the last several months before his
death in 1969 in a special suite where politicians and foreign leaders
visited him.

There are countless pieces of history throughout the campus.

At the rose garden, some nurses from the Vietnam War era were said to
have married their patients. The memorial chapel is where President
Harry S. Truman went for his first church service after taking office,
following a visit with Pershing, who lived in a suite at Walter Reed
for several years, said John Pierce, historian for the Walter Reed
Society.

A marker identifies the spot on the hospital grounds where, long
before the hospital was built, Confederate sharpshooters fired near
President Abraham Lincoln, leading an officer to call Lincoln a
“damned fool” and order him to the ground, according a brochure
produced by Walter Reed about its history.

President Calvin Coolidge’s teenage son died in the hospital from an
infected blister he received while playing tennis at the White House,
Pierce said. A black-and-white photo from 1960 shows then-Sen. Lyndon
Johnson, a vice presidential candidate at the time, visiting the
bedside of Vice President Richard Nixon, who was being treated for a
staph infection.

Presidents now are sent to Bethesda for treatment because it’s
considered more secure, said Sanders Marble, senior historian with the
Office of Medical History at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.

The hospital was named to honor Maj. Walter Reed, an Army physician
who treated troops and American Indians on the frontier. Among his
medical achievements was life-saving research that proved that yellow
fever was spread by mosquito. He died in 1902 at age 51 of
complications related to appendicitis with a friend and colleague, Lt.
Col. William C. Borden, treating him.

“I’m sure [Borden] felt very guilty about that, and over the course of
the next several years, he campaigned to get money for a new hospital
and of course, wanted to name it for his good friend Walter Reed,”
Pierce said.

The original redbrick hospital had about 80 beds, but inpatient
capacity grew by the thousands during the wars of the last century.
Today, it treats about 775,000 outpatients annually, and has an
inpatient load of about 150. It wasn’t just service members and
military retirees treated at the hospital over the decades, but their
families, too. Countless babies were born at the hospital into the
1990s.

Rehabilitation for the wounded, including care for amputees, has been
an important part of the mission since it opened. The wounded commonly
spend a year or longer at the hospital now, although they are more
quickly moved to outpatient care.

Photos from World War I show troops at Walter Reed learning skills
such as typing and knitting. During World War II, brochures
distributed to the war amputees featured pictures of amputees smoking
and shaving. The message was, “Your life isn’t over, don’t get down,”
Marble said.

Laura Lehigh’s late husband, Michael Schmidt, was a lieutenant when he
proposed to her during his stay at Walter Reed. He was recovering from
a gunshot wound he received in Vietnam in 1968.

In letters to her, he described stinky bedpans, a “new inmate” moving
into his ward, a “celebrity of the week” visit from “Tricky Dick
Nixon,” practical jokes played on student nurses, a champagne party
for a triple amputee’s 26th birthday, and how the orderlies turned
patients’ beds near a window around so they could watch Johnson enter
the hospital to visit Eisenhower.

“Mike always had a wonderful sense of humor, but I think they kind of
all aspired to have a sense of humor, those guys who had lost their
limbs who didn’t know what their lives were going to be like getting
out. I think they had a camaraderie and a sense of humor and an
optimism about themselves, if not about life in general,” said Lehigh,
63, in a telephone interview from Kalamazoo, Mich.

Despite all the warm feelings, a Washington Post investigation in 2007
uncovered shoddy living conditions in an outpatient ward known as
Building 18. Troops were living among black mold and mouse droppings
while trying to fend for themselves as they battled a complex
bureaucracy of paperwork related to the disability evaluation system.

The report drew scrutiny of all aspects of care offered to the
nation’s wounded. The scandal embarrassed the Army and the Bush
administration, and led to the firings of some military leaders.

Afterward, some in Congress pushed for the Pentagon to change course
and keep Walter Reed open, but an independent group reviewed the idea
and recommended moving forward with Walter Reed’s closure plans.

It concluded that the Defense Department was or should have been aware
of the widespread problems but neglected them because they knew Walter
Reed was scheduled to be closed. Then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates
agreed, and said there was little wisdom in pouring money into Walter
Reed to keep it open indefinitely.

“Far better to make an investment in brand-new, 21st-century
facilities,” Gates told reporters.

Pierce said the quality of medical care at Walter Reed didn’t suffer,
even leading up to the scandal.

“It was administrative issues and housing issues, and the housing
issues were significant. I don’t think anyone would want to say they
weren’t and it shouldn’t have happened, but it was not a quality-of-
care situation,” Pierce said.

In addition to improved living conditions, one of the other upgrades
after the scandal was the opening of an advanced rehabilitation center
for troops with amputations. On a recent day, several amputees,
including some who had lost three limbs, were exercising in the room,
one even on a skateboard.

Marine Sgt. Rob Jones, 25, is a double amputee from the Afghanistan
war who spends much of his days rowing. His goal is to become an FBI
agent or make the U.S. Adaptive Rowing Team.

One of more than 440 troops from the recent wars getting outpatient
care, he sat on a bench outside the center reading a book. His
prosthetics were visible below his shorts.

“I’ll probably just remember the people I was working with, the staff
here, how much they helped me get back on my feet.” Jones said
-30-
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/07/ap-walter-reed-closing-an-emotional-tim...

So, Hank; the _truth_ is that it would be excessively costly to
renovate that old, delapidated facility, so its services are being
consolidted with more up-to-date facilities and the campus will be
turned into a historical landmark, used by DoS and/or turned over to
D.C.

"Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin
to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because
Liberals are so stupid it is easy work."
— Steven M. Barry

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant;
it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
— Ronald Wilson Reagan

ColdWarDinosaur

JohnJohnsn wrote:
> On Jul 26, 5:27 am, a Cold War Dinosaur named Henry `Scaleyback' Wynne
> <Henry.Wynne@communist-party.org.uk> wrote:
>> ColdWarDinosaur wrote:

>> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.
>
> You do realize that answering your own posting three times
> demonstrates the height of narcissism; don't you, Henry? <snicker>

But you did notice it...

> [...]
>
> Marine Sgt. Rob Jones, 25, is a double amputee from the Afghanistan
> war who spends much of his days rowing. His goal is to become an FBI
> agent or make the U.S. Adaptive Rowing Team.
>
> One of more than 440 troops from the recent wars getting outpatient
> care, he sat on a bench outside the center reading a book. His
> prosthetics were visible below his shorts.
>
> ?I?ll probably just remember the people I was working with, the staff
> here, how much they helped me get back on my feet.? Jones said
> -30-
> http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/07/ap-walter-reed-closing-an-emotional-tim...
>
> So, Hank; the _truth_ is that it would be excessively costly to
> renovate that old, delapidated facility, so its services are being
> consolidted with more up-to-date facilities and the campus will be
> turned into a historical landmark, used by DoS and/or turned over to

So you close one of your finest pieces of medical history while St
Bart's in London that was founded in 1123 stays open. You nutcases
think we're all so DUMB, but really, you are.

http://www.bartsandthelondon.nhs.uk/about-us/introducing-barts-and-t...

St Thomas's found in 1215

http://www.thegarret.org.uk/st...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Thomas%27...

Greenwich Hospital 1694
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich...(London)#Greenwich_Hospital

Royal Hospital Chelsea 1691

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospit...

To name but a few, but you people are so greedy and obsessed with
making your own pile that you would rather throw all the veterans and
pensioners on the dung heap, destroy all your national monuments and
institutions instead as long as it makes you a buck somewhere!
Nauseating...

--
~~
HW

JohnJohnsn

On Jul 26, 11:31 am, a Cold War Dinosaur Agitprop named Henry
`Scaleyback'
Wynne <Henry.Wynne@communist-party.org.uk> wrote:

> JohnJohnsn wrote:
>
>> On Jul 26, 5:27 am, a Cold War Dinosaur named Henry `Scaleyback' Wynne
>> <Henry.Wy...@communist-party.org.uk> wrote:

>>> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.
>
>> You do realize that answering your own posting three times
>> demonstrates the height of narcissism; don't you, Henry? <snicker>
>
> But you did notice it...

I noticed the story when it first came out in Army Times, Henry; I
noticed your stupidity after your fourth posting to this Thread.

Actually, I noticed your overall Liberal Socialist STUPIDITY long ago:
thanks for adding to it.here. <snicker>

> [...]
>> including some who had lost three limbs, were exercising in the room,
>> one even on a skateboard.
>
>> Marine Sgt. Rob Jones, 25, is a double amputee from the Afghanistan
>> war who spends much of his days rowing. His goal is to become an FBI
>> agent or make the U.S. Adaptive Rowing Team.
>
>> One of more than 440 troops from the recent wars getting outpatient
>> care, he sat on a bench outside the center reading a book. His
>> prosthetics were visible below his shorts.
>
> read more »

"Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin
to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because
Liberals are so stupid it is easy work."
— Steven M. Barry

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant;
it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Tankfixer

In article <j0m4ql$me1$4@dont-email.me>, - ColdWarDinosaur wynnehenry!
@yahoo.co.uk spouted !

> ColdWarDinosaur wrote:
> > ColdWarDinosaur wrote:
> >> I see MASH type field hospital tents with Christian Coalition
> >> fundamentalists praying away gangrene, shrapnel wounds and pain while
> >> GOP and Tea Party sell off all the medical equipment and donate the
> >> proceeds to churches and Televangelists...
>
> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.

It was old and worn out.
The decision to close it was made by the bipartisan BRAC.

ColdWarDinosaur

JohnJohnsn wrote:
> [...]
>>> including some who had lost three limbs, were exercising in the room,
>>> one even on a skateboard.
>>> Marine Sgt. Rob Jones, 25, is a double amputee from the Afghanistan
>>> war who spends much of his days rowing. His goal is to become an FBI
>>> agent or make the U.S. Adaptive Rowing Team.
>>> One of more than 440 troops from the recent wars getting outpatient
>>> care, he sat on a bench outside the center reading a book. His
>>> prosthetics were visible below his shorts.
>>
>> read more ?
>
> "Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin
> to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because
> Liberals are so stupid it is easy work."
> ? Steven M. Barry
>
> "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant;
> it's just that they know so much that isn't so."

I see you only quote Reagan selectively these days since he's become
too leftwing for some of you. In any event:

In article <j0oqm9$jg4$7@dont-email.me>, - ColdWarDinosaur wynnehenry!
@yahoo.co.uk spouted !

> Tankfixer wrote:
> > In article <j0m4ql$me1$4@dont-email.me>, - ColdWarDinosaur wynnehenry!
> > @yahoo.co.uk spouted !
> >> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.
> >
> > It was old and worn out.
> > The decision to close it was made by the bipartisan BRAC.
> >

> So you close one of your finest pieces of medical history while St
> Bart's in London that was founded in 1123 stays open. You nutcases
> think we're all so DUMB, but really, you are.
>
> http://www.bartsandthelondon.nhs.uk/about-us/introducing-barts-and-t...
>
> St Thomas's found in 1215
>
> http://www.thegarret.org.uk/st...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Thomas%27...
>
> Greenwich Hospital 1694
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich...(London)#Greenwich_Hospital
>
> Royal Hospital Chelsea 1691
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospit...
>
> To name but a few, but you people are so greedy and obsessed with
> making your own pile that you would rather throw all the veterans and
> pensioners on the dung heap, destroy all your national monuments and
> institutions instead as long as it makes you a buck somewhere!
> Nauseating...

You do understand they enlarged Bethesda Naval hospital and moved all
the Walter Reed functions there.

JohnJohnsn

On Jul 27, 5:52 am, a Cold War Dinosaur Agitprop named Henry
`Scaleyback' Wynne
<Henry.Wynne@communist-party.org.uk> wrote:

> Tankfixer wrote:
>
>> In article <j0m4ql$me...@dont-email.me>, - ColdWarDinosaur
>> WynneHenry!yahoo.co.uk spouted !
>>> LOL, none of you can believe Walter Reed is closing.
>
>> It was old and worn out.
>> The decision to close it was made by the bipartisan BRAC.

Doesn't matter to UKCommie Henry `Scaleyback' Wynne, Paul: he has his
own "Hate America" agenda.

> So you close one of your finest pieces of medical history while St
> Bart's in London that was founded in 1123 stays open. You nutcases
> think we're all so DUMB, but really, you are.
>
> http://www.bartsandthelondon.nhs.uk/about-us/introducing-ba......

St Bartholomew's Hospital of "1123" is not the same today, though:

Threatened closure
The courtyard in the early 19th century
The Great Hall, BartsIn 1993 the controversial Tomlinson review of
London hospitals was published and concluded that there were too many
hospitals in central London. It recommended that the service should be
delivered closer to where people lived. Barts was identified as a
hospital with a catchment area that had a low population[4] and the
hospital was threatened with closure. A determined campaign was
mounted to save the hospital by the 'Save Barts Campaign', supported
by staff, residents, local MPs and the City of London, the argument
being that a general hospital was needed here, to provide for the
needs of the City's daily transient workforce of over 300,000 people.

Some facilities were saved, but Accident and Emergency (A&E) closed in
1995, with facilities relocated to the Royal London Hospital; a
hospital in the same Trust Group, but a couple of miles away in
Whitechapel. A 'Minor Injuries unit' was established at Barts for
small cases (which often represent a significant part of the workload
of A&E services); but urgent and major work goes to other hospitals.
[6] Concerns about the lack of a local service rose, with the
terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 and 7 July 2005; with the City
remaining a significant terrorist target.

A plan was formulated for Barts to develop as a centre of excellence
in cardiac care and cancer. This development, again came under threat
in a review of the PFI funding in 2006, leading to the 'Save Barts'
campaign continuing.[7] These problems were resolved, and new cancer
care facilities are scheduled to be opened at Barts in 2010; and new
general wards at the Royal London site in 2016. Barts continues to be
associated with the medical school's significant research and teaching
facilities at the Charterhouse Square site.

The Queen Mary wing has now been demolished, and it is planned to
retain the façade of the George V building within a new hospital
building, for completion in 2015. Patients will be accommodated in
single rooms, and four-bed bays. A new main entrance will be
established on King Edward Street. The Gibbs Square will be
refurbished and car parking removed from the area.

Barts, along with the Royal London, Mile End Hospital and London Chest
Hospitals, is part of Barts and The London NHS Trust. There are 388
beds in Barts, 675 beds in the Royal London & 109 beds in the London
Chest Hospital.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Bartholomew's_Hospital#Threaten...

> St Thomas's found in 1215
>
> http://www.thegarret.org.uk/stthomas.htmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Thomas%27...

Again, Hank; the St Thomas' Hospital of 1215 no longer exists:

The modern hospital
The modern St Thomas' Hospital is located at a site historically known
as Stangate in the London Borough of Lambeth. It is directly across
the river Thames from the Palace of Westminster on a plot of land
largely reclaimed from the river during construction of the Albert
Embankment in the late 1860s.

The new buildings were designed by Henry Currey and the foundation
stone was laid by Queen Victoria in 1868. This was one of the first
new hospitals to adopt the "pavilion principle" - popularised by
Florence Nightingale in her Notes on Hospitals - by having six
separate ward buildings at right angles to the river frontage set 125
feet apart and linked by low corridors. The intention was primarily to
improve ventilation and to separate and segregate patients with
infectious diseases. There was a seventh pavilion at the north end of
the site next to Westminster Bridge Road for the "Treasurer's
House" (hospital offices) and a nurses home. Between the middle ward
pavilions was the entrance hall from Lambeth Palace Road and chapel.
The medical school was at the southern end of the site. The formal
layout to the Albert Embankment was also designed to complement the
Parliamentary buildings opposite.

The hospital was designed to accommodate 588 beds, although the
hospital charity's fundraising was not sufficient to open all the
wards until 1896.

As the Palace of Westminster is still technically a Royal Palace, a
convention has been adopted that any commoner who dies within the
Palace is officially recorded as having died at St. Thomas' Hospital
to remove the need to convene a jury of members of the Royal Household
under the Coroner of the Queen's Household.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Thomas%27_Hospital#The_moder...

> Greenwich Hospital 1694
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich...(London)#Greenwich_Ho...

You're grasping at straws, Hank:

Greenwich Hospital
Greenwich Hospital closed in 1869.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich...(London)#cite_note-4

> Royal Hospital Chelsea 1691
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospit...

Royal Hospital Chelsea
The Royal Hospital Chelsea is a retirement home and nursing home for
British soldiers who are unfit for further duty due to injury or old
age, located in the Chelsea region of central London, now the Royal
Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is a true hospital in the
original sense of the word, that is a place where hospitality was
provided. There are just over 300 soldiers (310, as of 10 June 2004)
resident in the Royal Hospital, referred to as "in-pensioners" (or
more colloquially, as Chelsea pensioners).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospit...

You need to reaserch your "facts" a little more than merely "Googling"
for names and dates, Hank <snicker>

> To name but a few, but you people are so greedy and obsessed with
> making your own pile that you would rather throw all the veterans and
> pensioners on the dung heap, destroy all your national monuments and
> institutions instead as long as it makes you a buck somewhere!

Moving the services from a broken down, dilapidated facility to more
modern facilities is "throw(ing) all the veterans and pensioners on
the dung heap," Henry?

Walter Reed a "national monument"?

You like creating your own version of reality; don't you, Hank?

> Nauseating...

Yes, Hank; you _are_ "Nauseating..."

"Nobody is forcing government health care on you, you fool....unless
you aren't able or willing to maintain health insurance."
— "Deep Dudu"

NHS...An absolute joke!
Just had an appointment with my pain management consultant.Told me I
need another lumber epidural,then proceeded to tell me the waiting
time was 12 months.
I had to laugh at the futility of the whole system lol
http://www.spine-health.com/forum/lower-back-pain/nhsan-abs...

Here's Proof, the British NHS is a Joke
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/thetyim/family_pl...

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery..."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

"Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They
[socialists] always run out of other people's money. It's quite a
characteristic of them."
--Margaret Thatcher, UK Prime Minister; Thames TV This Week, February
5, 1976

Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean
`eliminate' or `reproduce rapidly in great quantity.'
-- Dr. Roger M. Firestone

max headroom

"ColdWarDinosaur" <wynnehenry!@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:j0oqlf$jg4$5@dont-email.me...

> To name but a few, but you people are so greedy and obsessed with
> making your own pile that you would rather throw all the veterans and
> pensioners on the dung heap, destroy all your national monuments and
> institutions instead as long as it makes you a buck somewhere!
> Nauseating...

Are you referring to the Obama administration? After all, they're in charge now.

JohnJohnsn

On Jul 27, 9:00 am, Tankfixer <paul.carr...@gmail.c0m> wrote:

> In article <j0oqm9$jg...@dont-email.me>, - ColdWarDinosaur
> wynnehenry!@yahoo.co.uk spouted !
>
>> Tankfixer wrote:
>>> In article <j0m4ql$me...@dont-email.me>,- ColdWarDinosaur
>>> wynnehenry!@yahoo.co.uk spouted !

>>> It was old and worn out.
>>> The decision to close it was made by the bipartisan BRAC.
>
>> So you close one of your finest pieces of medical history while St
>> Bart's in London that was founded in 1123 stays open. You nutcases
>> think we're all so DUMB, but really, you are.
>
>> http://www.bartsandthelondon.nhs.uk/about-us/introducing-ba......

St Bartholomew's Hospital of "1123" is not the same today, though:

Threatened closure
The Great Hall, BartsIn 1993 the controversial Tomlinson review of
London hospitals was published and concluded that there were too many
hospitals in central London. It recommended that the service should be
delivered closer to where people lived. Barts was identified as a
hospital with a catchment area that had a low population and the
> [...]

Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is a true hospital in the
original sense of the word, that is a place where hospitality was
provided. There are just over 300 soldiers (310, as of 10 June 2004)
resident in the Royal Hospital, referred to as "in-pensioners" (or
more colloquially, as Chelsea pensioners).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospit...

You need to reaserch your "facts" a little more than merely "Googling"
for names and dates, Hank <snicker>

>> To name but a few, but you people are so greedy and obsessed with
>> making your own pile that you would rather throw all the veterans and
>> pensioners on the dung heap, destroy all your national monuments and
>> institutions instead as long as it makes you a buck somewhere!
>> Nauseating...
>
> You do understand they enlarged Bethesda Naval hospital and moved all

Don't try to offset Henry `Scaleyback' Wynne's agenda with _facts_,
Paul. <snicker>