RMagick on Win

pavel.s.sokolov

6/23/2005 5:34:00 AM

Hi

How can I install RMagic 1.8 on WinXP? The latest win-gem available is
1.7.
I do not have compilers installed and never used them. Thus I wouldnot
like to stick with "compile" installation of ImageMagick.

BR,

Pavel

3 Answers

Xeno Campanoli

I'd really like to use ruby at work, but if it's all deadends like this
rubygems-0.8.10.tgz
<http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/3700/rubygems-0.8.... then I can't risk activities at work on it.

--
Xeno Campanoli, xeno@eskimo.com, http://www.eskimo...
Pride before justice equals destabilization.

Mark Hubbart

On 6/22/05, Xeno Campanoli <xeno@eskimo.com> wrote:
> I'd really like to use ruby at work, but if it's all deadends like this
> rubygems-0.8.10.tgz
> <http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/3700/rubygems-0.8.... then I can't risk activities at work on it.

I'm not sure how this is a deadend. It's a distribution tarball:
download it, expand it, and there are instructions inside for how to
install it.

If you are on a windows system, you may prefer the zipfile to the
tarball (tarballs are mainly used by unix folks). You can download it
from RubyGem's RubyForge downloads page:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...

Either way, installation is a relative snap: run the setup script, and
it installs a default installation.

cheers,
Mark

> --
> Xeno Campanoli, xeno@eskimo.com, http://www.eskimo...
> Pride before justice equals destabilization.
> Power before truth equals destruction.
> Profit before environment equals death.

Nick Hayworth

<pavel.s.sokolov@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> How can I install RMagic 1.8 on WinXP? The latest win-gem available is
> 1.7.
> I do not have compilers installed and never used them. Thus I wouldnot
> like to stick with "compile" installation of ImageMagick.
>
> BR,
>
> Pavel

I'd like to request this too please. If anyone with the knowhow could build
a windows version of 1.8.* I'd be very grateful