[ANN] traits-0.4.0 - the coffee release

Ara.T.Howard

james_b

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> i wasn't drinking enough coffee while coding the 0.3.0 release. this is a
> remedy release.

Very very cool.

Is there a gem for this?

James

--

http://www.ru... - The Ruby Documentation Site
http://www.r... - News, Articles, and Listings for Ruby & XML

Ara.T.Howard

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:31:35AM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, James Britt wrote:
>
> >Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> >>
> >>i wasn't drinking enough coffee while coding the 0.3.0 release. this is a
> >>remedy release.
> >
> >Very very cool.
> >
> >Is there a gem for this?
>
> not yet. i'm having gem issues ;-)
>
> i keep codeforpeople.com in sync like like
>
> scp -r ruby/ codeforpeople.com/lib/
>
> and all my ruby projects are updated. with rubyforge and gems i have to do
> each one individually and this tends to take me a while to get to... how are
> others dealing with this?

Rakefile's are your friend. Check out:

rake/contrib/sshpublisher
rake/gempackagetask

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy@hinegardner.org

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:00:36AM +0900, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:31:35AM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> > >Very very cool.
> > >
> > >Is there a gem for this?
> >
> > not yet. i'm having gem issues ;-)
> >
> > i keep codeforpeople.com in sync like like
> >
> > scp -r ruby/ codeforpeople.com/lib/
> >
> > and all my ruby projects are updated. with rubyforge and gems i have to do
> > each one individually and this tends to take me a while to get to... how are
> > others dealing with this?
>
> Rakefile's are your friend. Check out:

And I really mean it this time. See the attached Rakefile as an
example one for traits. I haven't yet tried recursive Rakefiles.
Executing 'rake publish' in your top level ruby directory and watching
it build gems and sync everything up, that could be nice.

There is a rake task for publishing to rubyforge, but I haven't played
with it yet.

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy@hinegardner.org

George Moschovitis

Hello,

This looks quite nice. I am wondering if you have seen the Property
methods used in Og. They serve a similar purpose but allow you to
attach general metadata to the generated attributes.

I think a fusion of your traits, Og's/Nitro property and perhaps some
ideas from 'ann' (as presented in the redhanded blog) would be very
interesting...

best regards,
George.

--
http://www.n...

George Moschovitis

btw,

IMHO, those folding markers in the source code are uggly :(

-g.

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard

Nikolai Weibull

Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> > IMHO, those folding markers in the source code are uggly :(

> i do agree that they're ugly but the usefulness in vim is simply too
> great to stop me from using them...

Why do you dedent them to column 1? Anyway, you can use
foldmethod=syntax with the vim-ruby.rubyforge.org versions (if not the
one in 6.3 (7.0 has been updated I believe)) to do what youâ??re doing,
which is more or less folding the body of methods,
nikolai

--
Nikolai Weibull: now available free of charge at http:/...!