save my irb session

Ralf Müller

6/22/2005 7:33:00 AM

Hi everybody,

I would like to save into a file what i typed in an irb session. But i could
not find anything about that in the man page or pickaxe.

Any tips?

thanks
ralf

(ruby 1.8.2, linux)

2 Answers

Zev Blut

Hello,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:32:52 +0900, Ralf Müller <r_mueller@imp-ag.de>
wrote:

> I would like to save into a file what i typed in an irb session. But i
> could
> not find anything about that in the man page or pickaxe.
>
> Any tips?

In Ruby-Talk[110924] I posted some code that would lets you save your
current irb session to a file. The full URL is:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

There are also a number of other solutions that were posted to
Ruby-Talk and www.rubygarden.org that will always save your irb state
and reload it when you restart irb.
Look here for another example:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Irb/Tip...

Cheers,
Zev Blut

Ralf Müller

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:49:20 +0900
"Zev Blut" <rubyzbibd@ubit.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:32:52 +0900, Ralf Müller <r_mueller@imp-ag.de>
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to save into a file what i typed in an irb session. But i
> > could
> > not find anything about that in the man page or pickaxe.
> >
> > Any tips?
>
> In Ruby-Talk[110924] I posted some code that would lets you save your
> current irb session to a file. The full URL is:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
>
> There are also a number of other solutions that were posted to
> Ruby-Talk and www.rubygarden.org that will always save your irb state
> and reload it when you restart irb.
> Look here for another example:
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Irb/Tip...