Blog client in Ruby?

rubyhacker

6/20/2005 4:05:00 PM

Has anyone written/started a blog client in Ruby?

The only Linux one I see is BloGTK, which seems immature.

A frequent question is: What does it matter what language
an app is in? My personal answers:

1. So I can read the source
2. So I can tweak the source
3. So I can contribute to the project
4. So I don't have to install Perl or Python

I know that Rublog is CVS-aware, which is kind of cool I guess.
But I am looking at Typo lately.

Thanks,
Hal

1 Answer

Robby Russell

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 01:05 +0900, rubyhacker@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone written/started a blog client in Ruby?

I haven't seen any GUI ones based in Ruby yet.

> The only Linux one I see is BloGTK, which seems immature.

I use it for my blog (typo-powered). It works great. It could use some
more features, but works with the standard APIs.

> A frequent question is: What does it matter what language
> an app is in? My personal answers:
>
> 1. So I can read the source
> 2. So I can tweak the source
> 3. So I can contribute to the project
> 4. So I don't have to install Perl or Python

What's wrong with having perl or python on your machine? ;-)

A Ruby-based Blog client would be nice, but until something is made or I
find free time to make one, I am sticking with BloGTK.

-Robby
--
* Robby Russell, Owner.Developer.Geek