Re: Truth maintenance system in Ruby

Devin Mullins

6/17/2005 3:56:00 PM

Just to introduce a bit of seriousness here (you can go back to making your silly jokes afterwards), I think he's talking about the kind of thing they teach in AI class where you type "a dog is an animal" and "a terrier is a dog", and later ask "is a terrier an animal?". It's named after some guy (true story).

Devin

> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> >>
> >> What is a truth-maintenance system?
> >
> > the kgb?
> >
> > ;-)
>
> loop do
> true = true unless true
> end
>
> :-)
>
> robert

1 Answer

Ralph \"PJPizza\" Siegler

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 12:56:07AM +0900, twifkak@comcast.net wrote:
> Just to introduce a bit of seriousness here (you can go back to making your silly jokes afterwards), I think he's talking about the kind of thing they teach in AI class where you type "a dog is an animal" and "a terrier is a dog", and later ask "is a terrier an animal?". It's named after some guy (true story).

google quickly finds some neat overviews:

http://www.cis.temple.edu/~ingargio/cis587/reading...

Rubyforge has one (forward-chaining only) inference engine, Khammurabi