RubyForge offline tonight for up to 3 hours (Jun 16-17

Richard Kilmer

6/17/2005 12:01:00 AM

All,

We just got notified from our ISP that the circuit that RubyForge is
on is routing through a point that they need to perform an emergency
maintenance event on from 1am EST to 4am EST tonight (or tomorrow
morning...ug...time). Just to let folks know the workhorse will be
offline for up to three hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The RubyForge Team

6 Answers

Wakalukong

On Jan 11, 3:08 am, rst0wxyz <rst0w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 10:45 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 10, 8:17 am, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > US Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates is on a four-day trip to China
> > > to cool tensions. When he met Defence Minster, GL Liang, he said: "The
> > > USA is worried over China military upgrade. China have made some of
> > > our military war machines less effective."
>
> > > Gen Liang replied : "Everybody in the world know that China is decades
> > > behind the technological advanced countries.  The USA have nothing to
> > > worry...(in his mind, he added : "provided the USA do not attack
> > > China.")..."
>
> > "The USA has nothing to worry." What about everyone else?
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/822978......
>
> > "In the coming five years, our military will push forward preparations
> > for military conflict in every strategic direction," said Liang
>
> That is the same goal as the United States, isn't it?
>
> I see confrontation between the U.S. and China around 2040 - 2050
> unless the U.S. stops building fences around China and withdraw the
> 7th fleet from the Taiwan Strait, and stop military exercises in the
> Yellow Sea and the South China Sea.
(snip)
----------

The US has reached that goal more than half a century ago, and for the
sake of its defence contractors is jealously guarding that
attainment. That's one reason why the Korean War has technically not
ended, which has allowed the US the self-made excuse to station troops
on the wrong side of the Pacific. Until recently, the US military
commander (disguised as the UN military commander) controlled the
entire South Korean military, save for commando and parachute units.
Okinawans are sick and tired of playing captive host to the US
military, but they have no real say in their own home. In the middle
of the Indian Ocean, the perfidious British handed over the island of
Diego Garcia to the US, which then promptly evicted the entire
population of over 2,000 to build huge military bases.

South Koreans, Okinawans, the islanders of Diego Garcia and many
others have less say in their own countries than US defence
contractors. Yes, they're paying heavily as "hosts".

Wakalukong

demorising

On Jan 10, 2:08 pm, rst0wxyz <rst0w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 10:45 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 10, 8:17 am, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > US Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates is on a four-day trip to China
> > > to cool tensions. When he met Defence Minster, GL Liang, he said: "The
> > > USA is worried over China military upgrade. China have made some of
> > > our military war machines less effective."
>
> > > Gen Liang replied : "Everybody in the world know that China is decades
> > > behind the technological advanced countries.  The USA have nothing to
> > > worry...(in his mind, he added : "provided the USA do not attack
> > > China.")..."
>
> > "The USA has nothing to worry." What about everyone else?
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/822978......
>
> > "In the coming five years, our military will push forward preparations
> > for military conflict in every strategic direction," said Liang
>
> That is the same goal as the United States, isn't it?
>
> I see confrontation between the U.S. and China around 2040 - 2050
> unless the U.S. stops building fences around China and withdraw the
> 7th fleet from the Taiwan Strait, and stop military exercises in the
> Yellow Sea and the South China Sea.

Gordon G. Chang:

http://blogs.forbes.com/gordonchang/2011/01/09/gatess-misconceived-trip-to-beijing/?boxes=financecha...

'Beijing broke off mil-to-mil relations with the United States last
January to protest the sale of $6.4 billion of military equipment to
Taiwan. Soon afterward, Chinese flag officers and senior colonels
began making extremely belligerent comments in public. In February,
for instance, Colonel Meng Xianging promised a “hand-to-hand fight
with the U.S.” sometime within the next 10 years “when we’re strong
enough.” “We must make them hurt,” said Major-General Yang Yi,
referring to the United States.'

> > Guanglie in an interview published by several state-backed newspapers
> > in China.
>
> > > R Gates was happy that China is still many, many decades behind the
> > > USA. Obama and Gates do not have to lose sleep over China's military
> > > backwardness."
>
> > > Behind the scene, Gen Liang debriefed other Chinese leaders : " Gates
> > > was nice...but he was wrong to think that China has NO RIGHTS  to
> > > upgrade our military ... We have a sovereign right  to bring our war
> > > machines and our weapon arsenal up to scratch."
>
> > > "The USA wish to maintain air superiority...so that they could bomb
> > > China at will...like the did in Vietnam and Iraq...in an invasion. "
> > > "Now our missiles and our new jet fighters are now able to give a good
> > > account of themselves ".  "Their bases and aircraft carrier will be
> > > rendered useless....US fighters cannot be launched from afar..This is
> > > their fatal flaw in fighting an air war with China."
>
> > > The top leader said quietly "It is to our advantage that the USA think
> > > that China is decades behind...there is no need to let them know the
> > > truth...they will get excited..like monkey eaten chillies"
>
> > >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacifi...

rst9

On Jan 11, 8:52 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2:08 pm, rst0wxyz <rst0w...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 10:45 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > That is the same goal as the United States, isn't it?
>
> > I see confrontation between the U.S. and China around 2040 - 2050
> > unless the U.S. stops building fences around China and withdraw the
> > 7th fleet from the Taiwan Strait, and stop military exercises in the
> > Yellow Sea and the South China Sea.
>
> Gordon G. Chang:
>
> http://blogs.forbes.com/gordonchang/2011/01/09/gatess-misco......
>
> 'Beijing broke off mil-to-mil relations with the United States last
> January to protest the sale of $6.4 billion of military equipment to
> Taiwan.  Soon afterward, Chinese flag officers and senior colonels
> began making extremely belligerent comments in public.  In February,
> for instance, Colonel Meng Xianging promised a “hand-to-hand fight
> with the U.S.” sometime within the next 10 years “when we’re strong
> enough.”  “We must make them hurt,” said Major-General Yang Yi,
> referring to the United States.'

Can you blame them? Just look what we are doing to them?

"... “when we’re strong enough.”  “We must make them hurt,” said Major-
General Yang Yi, referring to the United States.'"

That is exactly what I am afraid of. We are heading toward a
confrontation, NOT the next 10 years, but around 2040.

Relationship between the U.S. and China will get very difficult
starting from 2030 on, and a major confrontation around 2040.

I will be long gone, so it's none of my business.

baldeagle

On Jan 11, 2:45 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 8:17 am, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > US Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates is on a four-day trip to China
> > to cool tensions. When he met Defence Minster, GL Liang, he said: "The
> > USA is worried over China military upgrade. China have made some of
> > our military war machines less effective."
>
> > Gen Liang replied : "Everybody in the world know that China is decades
> > behind the technological advanced countries.  The USA have nothing to
> > worry...(in his mind, he added : "provided the USA do not attack
> > China.")..."
>
> "The USA has nothing to worry." What about everyone else?

Who has good reason to worry ?
What have they to worry about ?

demorising

On Jan 13, 4:04 pm, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2:45 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 10, 8:17 am, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > US Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates is on a four-day trip to China
> > > to cool tensions. When he met Defence Minster, GL Liang, he said: "The
> > > USA is worried over China military upgrade. China have made some of
> > > our military war machines less effective."
>
> > > Gen Liang replied : "Everybody in the world know that China is decades
> > > behind the technological advanced countries.  The USA have nothing to
> > > worry...(in his mind, he added : "provided the USA do not attack
> > > China.")..."
>
> > "The USA has nothing to worry." What about everyone else?
>
> Who has good reason to worry ?
> What have they to worry about ?

I am going to ignore your silly questions, because my logic is
impeccable (pun intended).

baldeagle

On Jan 15, 4:42 am, Demorising <demoris...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 13, 4:04 pm, baldeagle <force....@gmail.com> wrote:

..> > > "The USA has nothing to worry." What about everyone else?

..> > Who has good reason to worry ?
..> > What have they to worry about ?

..> I am going to ignore your silly questions, because
..> my logic is impeccable (pun intended).

Your original question was silly.

Apart from the USA who is bothered by China's rise,
no one else is worried. They have nothing to worry about.