microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Xml File Reading Issue

Branimir Petrovic

4/23/2008 2:17:00 PM

Hi

I am trying to read a large xml file (about 69mb in size) using ReadXML()
method of DataSet, it takes very long to do so, i there some other way to
read such large XML files.

TIA
Barry

1 Answer

Mike Urquiola

You can use an XmlTextReader, which should be much faster, since it is
stream based. Give it a stream and read through it. It is perfect for a
foward only read through, not so good if you need to do XPath, or forward
and backward reading.