microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

.NET winform repainting issure

rsimlote

4/22/2008 6:28:00 PM

I have a winform application, and forms with several nested controls
incl. tab controls, tablelayoutpanel, groupboxes and the controls. I
also have some usercontrols that I am adding dynamically. All together
I have more than 300 controls on the application. The problem is that
when I scroll, the form is repainted and my controls disapper for 2
seconds, Many times I see the drag effect as well. I does get annoying
to see the controls disappearing from the screen and reappering.
I have used the SuspendLayout and ResumeLayout when adding the
controls dynamically. I also set the Form.DoubleBuffered property to
true, but it didn't help much.
Please help me with the solution. Thank you.
2 Answers

ozbear

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:27:31 -0700 (PDT), rsimlote@gmail.com wrote:

>I have a winform application, and forms with several nested controls
>incl. tab controls, tablelayoutpanel, groupboxes and the controls. I
>also have some usercontrols that I am adding dynamically. All together
>I have more than 300 controls on the application. The problem is that
>when I scroll, the form is repainted and my controls disapper for 2
>seconds, Many times I see the drag effect as well. I does get annoying
>to see the controls disappearing from the screen and reappering.
>I have used the SuspendLayout and ResumeLayout when adding the
>controls dynamically. I also set the Form.DoubleBuffered property to
>true, but it didn't help much.
>Please help me with the solution. Thank you.

Simple...reduce the number of controls on your form. 300 controls on
a single form is silly.

Oz
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

rsimlote

I tried to break my form into small groups of control set, but still I
see the same effect when I have a bunch of text boxes on one screen.