Converting LaTeX/makeindex to YAML?

Michael Schuerig

6/15/2005 2:26:00 PM

I've got the index of a "well-known book" in LaTeX/makeindex format
(.idx and .ind). I'm trying to convert this to YAML -- unfortunately,
I'm utterly stuck. For an idea what an input file to makeindex looks
like in this particular case, have a look at the excerpts at the end.
I'm sorry, I can't make the complete files available without the
authors consent.

The point of the conversion is that I'd like to have a quick and easy
way of accessing PDF documents through their index. The idea is to have
a commandline tool or GUI dialog that allows to select an index term
and tells a scriptable PDF viewer to go the respective page. For KDE's
KPDF this is possible; probably Apple's PDF viewer is scriptable, too.

Michael

\indexentry{Library!Generator|hyperpage}{50}
\indexentry{Generator library|hyperpage}{50}
\indexentry{Block!transaction@as transaction|hyperpage}{50}
\indexentry{Transactions|hyperpage}{50}
\indexentry{\Ikey {<<File>>}@\texttt {\Ivalue {<<File>>}} class!\Ikey
{<<open>>}@\texttt {\Ivalue {<<open>>}}|hyperpage}{51}
\indexentry{\Ikey {<<open>>} ZZZ@\texttt {\Ivalue {<<open>>}}
method!class \texttt {\Ivalue {<<File>>}}|hyperpage}{51}
\indexentry{\Ikey {<<Kernel>>}@\texttt {\Ivalue {<<Kernel>>}} module
\Ikey {<<block\_given?>>}@\texttt {\Ivalue {<<block\_given?>>}}
hyperpage}{51}
\indexentry{\Ikey {<<block\_given?>>} ZZZ@\texttt {\Ivalue
{<<block\_given?>>}} method!module \texttt {\Ivalue {<<Kernel>>}}
hyperpage}{51}
\indexentry{Block!closure@as closure|hyperpage}{52}

--
Michael Schuerig This is not a false alarm
mailto:michael@schuerig.de This is not a test