Setting up Rails on Windows

pkchau

6/14/2005 8:56:00 PM

Has anyone run into this problem?

I have Rails installed on my machine and started my first Rails
project. As soon as I hit the URL (http://localhost:3000/todo)I get a
popup

"The procedure entry point mysql_get_client_version could not be
located in the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll"

2 Answers

Dave Burt

<pkchau@gmail.com> asked...
> Has anyone run into this problem?
>
> I have Rails installed on my machine and started my first Rails
> project. As soon as I hit the URL (http://localhost:3000/todo)I get a
> popup
>
> "The procedure entry point mysql_get_client_version could not be
> located in the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll"

I'm not speaking from experience, but it looks like it might be a problem
with either MySql or Ruby's MySql driver. Make sure the latter is
up-to-date. With a question like this, more info, like versions of Mysql,
Ruby and your operating system will help.

You might find better help with Rails questions on:
the Rails mailing list:
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/list...
or #rubyonrails on freenode IRC:
irc://irc.freenode.org/rubyonrails

Cheers,
Dave

Jared Richardson

<pkchau@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone run into this problem?
>
> I have Rails installed on my machine and started my first Rails
> project. As soon as I hit the URL (http://localhost:3000/todo)I get a
> popup
>
> "The procedure entry point mysql_get_client_version could not be
> located in the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll"

I've set up rails on two Windows boxes in the last week and it's been fine
~after~ I uninstalled the old version of Ruby and then cleanly installed
1.8.2 (and Gems), then Rails. You may want to start with a clean system.

Jared

Ship It! is shipping!
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/...
http://www.jaredrich...