Deploying on Textdrive

Bruno Bornsztein

6/14/2005 3:11:00 PM

I've got an application working nicely on my localhost, and I'm
getting ready to try it out on Textdrive. I've searched around, and it
seems like there are a hundred different ways to deploy an
application, so I'm just wondering what people have found to be the
best (and easiest) way.

Also, if you've found any good tutorials/manuals on how to do it, I'd
love to see them.

Thanks,
Bruno

3 Answers

Gene Tani

Unfortunately, this is the canonical question that's so open-ended we
cant really provide much help (except for Cathedral in Bazaar link).
are you going to have to migrate DBMS, O/S or between ruby or Rails,
mod_ruby releases, are you worried about conserving sessions,
bandwidth, database accesses, page refreshes, um, money? Security?

And in the past i've found support at Textdrive outstanding, on their
forums and by email.

Bruno Bornsztein

Never thought it would be so complicated...
I've checked the Textdrive forums and there are some how to's, but
they cover a few different methods of doing it, and I'm wondering what
most people here have done in the past.

I should be OK for the most part, I'm using mysql and Rails 0.12.1.
But I'm just wondering if there's a best way to do it or what tips
people might have.

Thanks again,
bruno

On 6/14/05, Gene Tani <gene.tani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is the canonical question that's so open-ended we
> cant really provide much help (except for Cathedral in Bazaar link).
> are you going to have to migrate DBMS, O/S or between ruby or Rails,
> mod_ruby releases, are you worried about conserving sessions,
> bandwidth, database accesses, page refreshes, um, money? Security?
>
> And in the past i've found support at Textdrive outstanding, on their
> forums and by email.

Lyndon Samson

tar->bzip2->scp ?

--