Re: howto write rtf directly?

Nuralanur

6/10/2005 10:20:00 AM

Dear Thomas and Brian,

thank you for your responses.
Well, I actually want to write a small somewhat automatized spell checker
for Latex files, so that I can extract all the words from a Latex source
file,
compare them with a word list and mark those that don't occur in
bold black, followed by a suggestion on how to replace them in bold red
(choose
a word from a list which is nearest wrt. the Levenstein distance.)
That should make it easier to correct things.
As a matter of fact, the problem I am encountering seems to be a Jarte
problem, not a Ruby or RTF problem - once I passed the backslashes-text
enclosed in ' ' rather than " " that is.
I opened the file under Microsoft windows and I get the desired result - well
nearly that is, because the latex backslash text "\kappa_{1}" etc . doesn't
appear correctly
yet. But that can be fixed I think.

So the world is all nice for me again,

Best regards,

Axel
1 Answer

Logan Capaldo

On 6/10/05, Nuralanur@aol.com <Nuralanur@aol.com> wrote:
> Dear Thomas and Brian,
>
> thank you for your responses.
> Well, I actually want to write a small somewhat automatized spell checker
> for Latex files, so that I can extract all the words from a Latex source
> file,
> compare them with a word list and mark those that don't occur in
> bold black, followed by a suggestion on how to replace them in bold red
> (choose
> a word from a list which is nearest wrt. the Levenstein distance.)
> That should make it easier to correct things.
> As a matter of fact, the problem I am encountering seems to be a Jarte
> problem, not a Ruby or RTF problem - once I passed the backslashes-text
> enclosed in ' ' rather than " " that is.
> I opened the file under Microsoft windows and I get the desired result - well
> nearly that is, because the latex backslash text "\kappa_{1}" etc . doesn't
> appear correctly
> yet. But that can be fixed I think.
>
> So the world is all nice for me again,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Just had another thought about Jarte. Since you are using Cygwin its
probably producing Unix-style line-endings (ie \n). That may be what
is causing Jarte to become confused.