Re: Ajax on Rails

Erik Veenstra

6/10/2005 9:17:00 AM

> http://rubyurl...

This results in: Application error (Rails)

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

8 Answers

Douglas Livingstone

Also dead:

http://blog.curthibbs.us/articles/2005/01/01/aja...

:-(

On 6/10/05, Erik Veenstra <google@erikveen.dds.nl> wrote:
> > http://rubyurl...
>
> This results in: Application error (Rails)
>
> gegroet,
> Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

Curt Hibbs

On 6/10/05, Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also dead:
>
> http://blog.curthibbs.us/articles/2005/01/01/aja...
>
> :-(

Its unfortunate timing, but co-location center which houses my ISP's
servers had a major power failure yesterday which took down over 4,000
servers for over four hours. Power was restored late yesterday, but as
of now it looks like they are back down again. Obviously, with that
many servers down I sure they are scrambling like mad to get
everything back up again.

Unfortunately, until things come back online the links to my Ajax
enable blog will not work.

Thank you for being patient.

Curt

Douglas Livingstone

Could you replace it with a 404 page then? Atleast it won't look like
a negivitve ad for Rails then...

On 6/10/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/05, Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Also dead:
> >
> > http://blog.curthibbs.us/articles/2005/01/01/aja...
> >
> > :-(
>
> Its unfortunate timing, but co-location center which houses my ISP's
> servers had a major power failure yesterday which took down over 4,000
> servers for over four hours. Power was restored late yesterday, but as
> of now it looks like they are back down again. Obviously, with that
> many servers down I sure they are scrambling like mad to get
> everything back up again.
>
> Unfortunately, until things come back online the links to my Ajax
> enable blog will not work.
>
> Thank you for being patient.
>
> Curt

Douglas Livingstone

On 6/10/05, Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you replace it with a 404 page then? Atleast it won't look like
> a negivitve ad for Rails then...
>

> > Thank you for being patient.

That link is the one which has "Ajax is great, see it in action"
written on it btw...

Curt Hibbs

Unfortunately, its out of my control. Hopefully, it'll be back up as
soon as possible.

Curt

On 6/10/05, Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/05, Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could you replace it with a 404 page then? Atleast it won't look like
> > a negivitve ad for Rails then...
> >

> > > Thank you for being patient.
> > >

> That link is the one which has "Ajax is great, see it in action"
> written on it btw...

Christian Neukirchen

Douglas Livingstone <rampant@gmail.com> writes:

> Could you replace it with a 404 page then? Atleast it won't look like
> a negivitve ad for Rails then...

Wouldn't that be *lying*?

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

Carl Youngblood

This looks like it is still down. Any word on when your provider is going to
be back up?

On 6/10/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, its out of my control. Hopefully, it'll be back up as
> soon as possible.
>
> Curt

Curt Hibbs

Carl Youngblood wrote:
> This looks like it is still down. Any word on when your provider is going to
> be back up?

Its been back up. Unfortunately, its now suffering from the infamous
slashdot effect. I just checked and its working right now (until it gets
hammered again).

Curt