From: pat eyler [mailto:pat.eyler@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 May 2005 4:04 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: new article

Sorry for posting about my own article, but I'm interested in feedback,
recommendations for future topics, etc. IBM has just published an
article I wrote about doing test first development with Ruby:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/os-dw-os-ru...

(sorry, you need to sign in (free account) to read it).

I've got an opportunity to do some more writing for them (how much more
depends on how well received/popular the articles are), and I'd love to
get some feedback from the community about what kinds of Ruby things I
should be sending their way.

--
thanks,
-pate

1 Answer

Ghislain MARY

Neville Burnell a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm just reading the PDF and on pg 13 you flesh out the echo() method,
> but the def doesn't include any parameters, in particular it should [I
> think] be:
>
> Def echo(url)
>
> So the echo method as documented should fail, correct ?
>
> Nev

In fact, you don't need the url parameter. But you're right there's an
error in this example. You should read:

response = http.get("/service/echo?api_key=#{@key}")

instead of

response = http.get("/service/#{url}")