'gem install rails' does not work?

Gyoung-Yoon Noh

6/6/2005 9:42:00 PM

Hi, folks.

This is not 'rails' question, but 'gem' question.
I remember 'gem install rails' works properly a few months ago,
when I started to look over. However, I typed it same yesterday,
but it gets rails-analyzer-tools installed. Ouch, surprsing!

'gem install rails -v 0.12.1' works as expected.
But this behavior, expanded matching is selected ahead of
exact matching, is very confusing.

Best regard,

--
http://nohmad.su...

1 Answer

Eric Hodel

On 06 Jun 2005, at 14:42, Gyoung-Yoon Noh wrote:

> Hi, folks.
>
> This is not 'rails' question, but 'gem' question.
> I remember 'gem install rails' works properly a few months ago,
> when I started to look over. However, I typed it same yesterday,
> but it gets rails-analyzer-tools installed. Ouch, surprsing!
>
> 'gem install rails -v 0.12.1' works as expected.
> But this behavior, expanded matching is selected ahead of
> exact matching, is very confusing.

Already fixed:

http://rubyforge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rubygems/lib...
remote_installer.rb?cvsroot=rubygems

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04