Google Summer of Code update

dblack

Florian Groß

gabriele renzi

Florian Groß ha scritto:
> David A. Black wrote:
>
>> I encourage students interested in the program to look thoroughly at
>> the list of mentoring organizations, and see whether there's one which
>> might be able to accomodate you even though there isn't a
>> Ruby-oriented one. It's the long route, so to speak, but if we can
>> get some Ruby projects supported, somewhere, it will be all to the
>> good. Meanwhile, if the program is repeated next year, we should be a
>> little more in the loop and listed among the mentoring organizations
>> from the start.
>

> Thanks a lot for all the effort you put into this. It is very welcome
> even if it did not work out this year. I think that not all is lost just
> yet and might be doing a Ruby-related project under the hat of another
> mentoring organization if it is possible.

I second the thanks from Florian, and also the "we're not out yet" :)
I.e.:
"most unprecedented application"
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Features.h...

does not exclude a ruby-gnome2 application ;)

Belorion

*snip*

Sounds like Google is expanding the program. Ruby Central and Ruby
coders may yet have a chance: http://code.g...

Matt

Bill Guindon

On 6/17/05, Belorion <belorion@gmail.com> wrote:
> *snip*
>
> Sounds like Google is expanding the program. Ruby Central and Ruby
> coders may yet have a chance: http://code.g...

They're only expanding the students, not the mentors. Our hope lies
in next year, should they repeat the experiment.

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Gordon Levi

"SPierce" <ecreipt@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>"Gordon Levi" <gordon@address.invalid> wrote in message
>> "SPierce" <ecreipt@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> > I still don't understand! What with icebergs, and Cato the Younger
>> this essay seems to be a self referential example of obscuring meaning
>> with words. Can you explain, in less than 100 words, what you or the
>> author believe that I am ignoring that is a "matter of life and
>> death".
>
>It's all there in the text. The protective hand of America is being
>subverted by Russia China and India as a group who intend to take
>over...under a 'fairness' doctrine. The trouble is, none of those
>countries have legal systems that have ever guaranteed freedoms to people.
>Hence the warning about * language* used to convey something that you won't
>get in reality.
>I thought it was pretty clear. ( 70 words)

Thank you. I feared that in all those words I had missed some
substance. No doubt the next essay from Mr Nyquist will warn us of
imminent world domination by the African Union or the South Pacific
Forum who really, really should have it under a 'fairness' doctrine.