mswin32-ruby17.dll, which distribution contains it

jcb

5/31/2005 7:21:00 PM

I just downloaded SOAP4r. I get an error stating that
mswin32-ruby17.dll can't be found.

mswin32-ruby17.dll is not on my drive. So I downloaded a newer version
of Ruby.

ruby-1.8.1-i386-mswin32.zip

The file is not present in this distribution.

Could somebody give me a link to the download that contains this .dll.

Thanks.

4 Answers

nobu.nokada

At Wed, 1 Jun 2005 04:25:21 +0900,
jcb@iteris.com wrote in [ruby-talk:144123]:
> I just downloaded SOAP4r. I get an error stating that
> mswin32-ruby17.dll can't be found.

ruby 1.7 was an old development version, and the DLL shouldn't
nor must not be contained in any distributions. From where did
you download it?

--
Nobu Nakada

jcb

I downloaded SOAP4r from
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/proje...

It is the SOAP module that requires mswin32-ruby17.dll

Lothar Scholz

Hello jcb,

jic> I downloaded SOAP4r from
jic> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/proje...

jic> It is the SOAP module that requires mswin32-ruby17.dll

As 1.7 was an unstable developer release you are out of luck.
You can only recompile the package on your own and link against a
modern dll.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

jcb

I downloaded the latest Ruby 1.8.2. Soap4r worked fine with this
version.