Where to get the RubyGems documentation

Lothar Scholz

5/31/2005 1:19:00 PM

Hello ruby-talk,

maybe i'm too blind to see it but where can i get a local copy of the
3 documents from http://docs.rub...

I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?

I tried "wget -r" but the file extensions are so damaged that i can't
do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
tgz which does not include the documentation.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Shajith

(The site uses Hieraki(http://www.hi...), AFAICT)

> I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?

Does http://docs.rub...export/book/1 get you what you need? The
output doesn't seem to be styled as the online version, but it gets
you the content alright.

> --
> Best regards, emailto: scholz at scriptolutions dot com
> Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...
> CTO Scriptolutions Ruby, PHP, Python IDE 's

HTH!
Shajith

Jim Weirich

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:19 am, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello ruby-talk,
>
> maybe i'm too blind to see it but where can i get a local copy of the
> 3 documents from http://docs.rub...
>
> I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?
>
> I tried "wget -r" but the file extensions are so damaged that i can't
> do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
> tgz which does not include the documentation.

Follow the export link (e.g. http://docs.rub...export/book/1 for the
User Guide) and select one of HTML, YAML, Textile or text.

--
-- Jim Weirich jim@weirichhouse.org http://onest...

Lothar Scholz

Hello Jim,

JW> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:19 am, Lothar Scholz wrote:
>> Hello ruby-talk,
>>
>> maybe i'm too blind to see it but where can i get a local copy of the
>> 3 documents from http://docs.rub...
>>
>> I mean the User Guide, the Command Reference and the FAQ ?
>>
>> I tried "wget -r" but the file extensions are so damaged that i can't
>> do anything useable and the download only points me to the source code
>> tgz which does not include the documentation.

JW> Follow the export link (e.g.
JW> http://docs.rub...export/book/1 for the
JW> User Guide) and select one of HTML, YAML, Textile or text.

Unforunately none of this formats have the layout options i see on the
website.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...