Ruby in C#

PD

5/30/2005 11:00:00 PM

Hi.

I am currently working on a project in C# which requires the use of a Ruby
interpreter. I also need to extend Ruby to interact with some methods built
into the host application. So I want to know if all this is possible and if
so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance,
P.

3 Answers

Mark Hubbart

On 5/30/05, Alexey Verkhovsky <alex@verk.info> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> >I am currently working on a project in C# which requires the use of a Ruby
> >interpreter.
> >
> I have a similar (bit broader question) - what are the good, working
> ways to interoperate Ruby and .NET code (other than some socket-based
> communication)?

Will this help? the Ruby/.Net bridge was announced here:
http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-...
... and the site for it is here:
http://www.saltypickle.com/...

I'm not a .Net programmer, so I don't know for sure if this is what
you are looking for, though...

HTH,
Mark

james_b

Mark Hubbart wrote:
> On 5/30/05, Alexey Verkhovsky <alex@verk.info> wrote:
>
>>PD wrote:
>>

>>>I am currently working on a project in C# which requires the use of a Ruby
>>>interpreter.
>>>

>>I have a similar (bit broader question) - what are the good, working
>>ways to interoperate Ruby and .NET code (other than some socket-based
>>communication)?
>

> Will this help? the Ruby/.Net bridge was announced here:
> http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-...
> ... and the site for it is here:
> http://www.saltypickle.com/...

Plus

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-PaloAlto/9251/rub...

and

http://sourceforge.net/projects/...

James

--
http://www.ru... - The Ruby Documentation Site
http://www.r... - News, Articles, and Listings for Ruby & XML

PD

Thanks, though I was thinking more along the lines of using the DLL Import
function (contained in System.Runtine.InteropServices) instead of a bridge.
Would this also be a possible?

Thanks in advance,
P.