Benchmarking RAM

Gavin Kistner

5/30/2005 2:49:00 PM

How can I measure the amount of RAM (allocated, not real) is used by
a particular approach to a problem? I can use the winmgmts stuff for
Windows, so I'm primarily interested in a BSD/MacOS X solution.

(Though a pure Ruby solution would be cooler than platform-specific.)
--
(-, /\ \/ / /\/

2 Answers

Daniel Berger

Gavin Kistner wrote:
> How can I measure the amount of RAM (allocated, not real) is used by
> a particular approach to a problem? I can use the winmgmts stuff for
> Windows, so I'm primarily interested in a BSD/MacOS X solution.
>
> (Though a pure Ruby solution would be cooler than platform-specific.)
> --

You should be able to use sys-proctable for Windows and BSD, and use
the appropriate ProcTableStruct members. I don't have an
implementation for OS X yet, however.

Regards,

Dan

Ara.T.Howard