qtruby for windows

dave

5/27/2005 12:54:00 PM

hy list,

My mail is for Richard Dale and all people interested in the open source
Qt developing under Ms plataforms.

When the qt4 will be relased under GPL-2 license can i hope in a windows
version of qtruby?

redards.

--
>here are more things in heaven and earth,
horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

2 Answers

Richard Dale

dave wrote:

> hy list,
>

> My mail is for Richard Dale and all people interested in the open source
> Qt developing under Ms plataforms.
>
> When the qt4 will be relased under GPL-2 license can i hope in a windows
> version of qtruby?
Yes, certainly. I hope to have a version of QtRuby working on Linux/Mac OS X
by the time the final version of Qt 4 is released. I don't have a Windows
development environment, so someone else will then need to port the code to
Windows.

I'm assuming that won't be difficult, but I might be wrong. A few weeks ago
someone on this list reported that they'd tried to compile the 'Smoke'
library that QtRuby uses on Windows, but it failed with a load of compile
errors about incorrect casts. Maybe using gcc instead of VC++ will cure
that problem.

-- Richard

dave

> someone else will then need to port the code to Windows
i'm a beginner but i can help this porting for that concerns
the setup self extractor, documentation..

if you have the patientce to explain me technical details (such as the
compilation procedures) i'll do what you say.