MySQL-Ruby

Marcelo (PC)

5/26/2005 5:24:00 PM

Hi there!

Does anyone knows if the MySQL-Ruby module is compatible with MySQL 4.1?

Thanks
Marcelo Paniagua

--
Este correo esta libre de virus!

7 Answers

simonced

I'm using it with Mysql 4.1.10 and it rocks !
I'm on windows XP :-( on Ruby 1.8.2

Marcelo (PC)

Thanks! just checking...Last time I used it there was some
authentication issue and I was told that it only worked with 4.0

Marcelo

--
Este correo esta libre de virus!

Ralf Müller

On Fri, 27 May 2005 04:51:05 +0900
Marcelo Paniagua <paniagua@pcmxl.com.mx> wrote:

> Thanks! just checking...Last time I used it there was some
> authentication issue and I was told that it only worked with 4.0
>
> Marcelo
>
> simonced escribió:
>
> >I'm using it with Mysql 4.1.10 and it rocks !
> >I'm on windows XP :-( on Ruby 1.8.2
MySQL changed the authentification from 4.0.* to 4.1. You can see that
directly, if you look at the table 'user' in database 'mysql' -> the encrypted
passwords are much longer.

Maybe
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-c...
can help you.
i had the same problem with my php-installation. so i think the problem is not
mysql-ruby itself. I use it together with dbi for mysql versions 4.1.10, 4.1.0
4.1.11, 4.0.20, 4.0.13, 5.0.04

work perfectly

regards
ralf

vanekl

I use the package found at
http://www.tmtm.org/en/m...
and it works well for me: mysql 4.1.12,
Windows XP Pro SP2, Cygwin 1.5.16.

Problems you may have:
this library requires linking with one compiled mysql client library,
which is a non-trivial task on windows, but doable if
you have some c/make programming experience.

Marcelo (PC)

I will try with this.... I will also set the MySQL engine to work with
old style accounts... Once I test it I will post with the results.

Thanks to everyone!

Marcelo

vanek@acd.net escribió:

>I use the package found at
>http://www.tmtm.org/en/m...
>and it works well for me: mysql 4.1.12,
>Windows XP Pro SP2, Cygwin 1.5.16.
>
>Problems you may have:
>this library requires linking with one compiled mysql client library,
>which is a non-trivial task on windows, but doable if
>you have some c/make programming experience.

--
Este correo esta libre de virus!

Joey Gibson

On 5/27/2005 12:59, vanek@acd.net wrote:

> I use the package found at
> http://www.tmtm.org/en/m...
> and it works well for me: mysql 4.1.12,
> Windows XP Pro SP2, Cygwin 1.5.16.
>
> Problems you may have:
> this library requires linking with one compiled mysql client library,
> which is a non-trivial task on windows, but doable if
> you have some c/make programming experience.

I just did this, and wrote it up here
http://www.joeygibso.../tech/ruby/Ruby... I built with
MySQL 4.1.11, WindowsXP, VC6 and the one-click installer version of Ruby
1.8.2.

--
"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."

Jobkabob: http://www.jo...
Jobkabob News: http://www.jo.../news

http://www.joeygibso...
http://www.joeygibso.../life/Wisdom.html

Paul

the package found at
http://www.tmtm.org/en/m... mentioned in an earlier post
and a mysql patch in activerecord works against 4.1 with ruby1.6.8 &
1.8.2 for me.