Re: Tk read-only text box

Peña, Botp

5/25/2005 1:01:00 AM

Hidetoshi NAGAI [mailto:nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp] wrote:

#Each widget has a bindtag list to determine bindings which should be
#appleid. The default value of the list is [<self>, <class of the
#widget>, <toplevel which the widget is placed on>, 'all'].
#When an event occurs on the widget, one or none of the procedures
#binded to each bindtag is called. Of course, the event sequence of
#the binding has to matche the event. Usually, the calling
#process is done in order of the bindtag list.
#Tk.callback_break can break the sequence and complete the
#operation for the event.
#Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)
# [snipped cool advice]

Hi NaHi, where can we find more info/docs on about ruby Tk? (besides reading
the source)

kind regards -botp

5 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

nornagon

On 5/25/05, Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:
> From: "Peña, Botp" <botp@delmonte-phil.com>
> Subject: Re: Tk read-only text box
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:01:26 +0900
> > Hi NaHi, where can we find more info/docs on about ruby Tk? (besides reading
> > the source)
>
> # Are you misunderstanding? I'm not NaHi-san. :-)
>
> I'm sorry but I don't have information about English documents of
> Ruby/Tk. I have about Japanese documents only.

How extensive is the Japanese documentation? Would it be worth trying
to translate it all? Or would it be better to just write it all from
scratch?

And, who is NaHi-san? *blinks* Kind of figure HIdetoshi NAgai = NaHi, but... um?

--
- nornagon

Hidetoshi NAGAI

nornagon

On 5/25/05, Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:
> From: nornagon <nornagon@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Tk read-only text box
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:03:16 +0900
> > How extensive is the Japanese documentation? Would it be worth trying
> > to translate it all? Or would it be better to just write it all from
> > scratch?
>
> http://ns103.net/~arai/ruby/ruby... is a little old but a good
> reference (almost all of the commented problems are already fixed).
> I heared there is a English translated version of the document.
>
> If talk about my work ...
> I wrote two books about Ruby/Tk in Japanese.
> One is "Ruby wo 256-bai tukautameno hon -- kaidou-hen"
> (Ruby/Tk only; total 295 pages; 2001; ISBN4-7561-3993-0),
> and another is "Ruby application programming"
> (I'm one of the authors; pp.279-429; 2002; ISBN4-274-06461-1).
> And you can get the text of my Ruby/Tk seminar from
> http://www.dumbo.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/~nagai/RubyTk-seminar-20041....
>
> > And, who is NaHi-san? *blinks* Kind of figure HIdetoshi NAgai = NaHi, but... um?
>
> There is a person who use the handle-name "Na-Hi". :-)

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for the info.

--
- nornagon

Steve Brumbaugh

On 5/25/05, Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:
> http://ns103.net/~arai/ruby/ruby... is a little old but a good
> reference (almost all of the commented problems are already fixed).
> I heared there is a English translated version of the document.

Indeed. Benjamin Peterson translated it; you can find the translation
at <http://www.jbrowse.com/text/rubytk_e....

--Steve