ruby wiki reccomendation

Ara.T.Howard

Douglas Livingstone

Exactly what I'm looking for too:

A ruby wiki with file/image managment and user authentication.

I've only wanted one since this morning though, so I've not put any
effort into it yet :-)

Douglas

On 5/22/05, Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard@noaa.gov> wrote:

> i've used a few of the ruby wiki's in the past and liked them. however, i'm
> now in the process of putting up a wiki that will be very public and have a
> limited number of potential posters - basically memebers of several small
> groups. i also need file upload as a feature. in order to prevent dos
> attacks and spam, and because my posters will be from limited groups, i need
> some sort of site-wide built-in authentication scheme that will allow only
> certain groups to edit certain pages. currently moin-moin is at the top of my
> list since is supports these features out of the box and seems well put
> together - but it's in python and this wiki will have a ruby focus! i'd love
> to use a ruby wiki for this but don't think any of the current crop support
> the features i need. can anyone out there reccomend a ruby wiki that does?
>
> kind regards.
>
> -a
> | email :: ara [dot] t [dot] howard [at] noaa [dot] gov
> | phone :: 303.497.6469
> | My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
> | --Tenzin Gyatso

Thomas Counsell

Hello

On 23 May 2005, at 02:15, Douglas Livingstone wrote:
> A ruby wiki with file/image managment and user authentication.

> On 5/22/05, Ara.T.Howard <Ara.T.Howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
>> i also need file upload as a feature. in order to prevent dos
>> attacks and spam, and because my posters will be from limited
>> groups, i need
>> some sort of site-wide built-in authentication scheme that will
>> allow only
>> certain groups to edit certain pages.

The wiki wot I wrote[1] is written in ruby, has file uploads, and can
do authentication based on regexps:

%r{/(edit|save)/home page}, WEBrick::HTTPAuth::SiteWidePassword.new
('password','You need to enter the site wide password to edit the
home page')

It is not as stable and established as some of the other wikis out
there, but a few people are using it successfully.

Tom
[1] http://ww... and http://rubyforge.org/proj...