ruby9i on the Sun?

Hal E. Fulton

5/21/2005 8:10:00 PM

I've tried a couple of times to run the Oracle interface
"ruby9i" on the Sun. But my code always vaporizes as soon
as it reaches the photosphere.

But seriously. It seems to dir looking for the DBI lib.
Is that an absolute dependency or what? I hadn't planned
on using DBI.

Hal

2 Answers

djberg96

Hal Fulton wrote:

> But seriously. It seems to dir looking for the DBI lib.

Er, what? More coffee Hal.

> Is that an absolute dependency or what? I hadn't planned
> on using DBI.
>

> Hal

You should be able to run Ruby9i standalone. Do you have a code
snippet you can share that is failing?

Regards,

Dan

Hal E. Fulton

Daniel Berger wrote:
> Hal Fulton wrote:
>

>>But seriously. It seems to dir looking for the DBI lib.
>

> Er, what? More coffee Hal.

Umm, die, not dir.

> You should be able to run Ruby9i standalone. Do you have a code
> snippet you can share that is failing?

It's been several days since I looked at it.
But offhand I think the code snippet was:

require 'ruby9i'

Hal