Re: Noobie ... Simple Inheriting from Hash Question ..

Neville Burnell

5/18/2005 12:33:00 AM

Yep, extending Hash was what I ended up doing ...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Mitchell [mailto:david.mitchell@telogis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 May 2005 10:11 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Noobie ... Simple Inheriting from Hash Question ..

You could just extend the hash class, rather than inheriting from it.
That is, instead of this:

class myHash < Hash
def foo

Do this:

class Hash
def foo

Then, all your hash objects will be given your 'foo' method and you can
do things like this:

{:key => "value"}.foo

David

--
David Mitchell
Software Engineer

NOTICE:
This message (including any attachments) contains CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.