[ANN] pscan 0.0.2

Balwinder S Dheeman

5/16/2005 1:58:00 AM

URLS

Home: http://pscan.ruby...
Download: http://rubyforge.org/proje...

ABSTRACT

Simple TCP/IP port scanner: is a high speed port scanner, implemented in
pure Ruby (single file source). It may disclose all those ports too
which nmap may not show you; an example of Ruby?s performance at system
level develpment and that too even being scripting and, or interpreted
progamming language!

USAGE

$ pscan <hostname|hostaddress> [highest_port_number]

Enjoy!
--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

Blackheart

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:55:50 PM UTC-4, Myrmidon wrote:
> In article <9c703f9e-102a-4f28-901b-e9df3ab24e0a@>,
>
> blackheart666_2000
>
> > Word is out that August sees Fantasy getting new Lizardmen with an emphasis on big dinosaurs. If I was inclined to do Lizardmen, I believe that I would model a "Baron Von Dinosaur".
>

> > Black Legion are getting the next side codex. No word on the release of a hard copy book. I'm more interested in this one since Black Legion was my first "serious" army going back to Rogue Trader and the Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness book. I'm hoping they fixed the oversight in the main book of having un-marked or "Mark of Chaos Undivided" Demon Princes. No, they wouldn't be "competitive" at all... but I don't play tournament monkeys.
>

> I can't figure out what's up with releasing the electronic versions
>
> MONTHS before a hard-copy of the mini-dexes come out. It's the same
>
> with the Far-Sight stuff for Tau. Seems odd.

It's basically a case of they didn't expect these to be super popular. They figured they throw the Iyanden book out there with a small print run and sell out the few thousand copies they had printed in a few months. Then everyone bought it and they realized they have free money. But now they needed another print run of Iyanden and they had several more of these getting ready to go to print.

I think they've also had an issue with the printer they use getting behind and they're still trying to hold to a monthly "real codex" release.

Potac Hammerfist

In article <f29712b9-2917-4e0b-91a7-7b068b795b14@googlegroups.com>,
blackheart666_2000@yahoo.com says...
> On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:55:50 PM UTC-4, Myrmidon wrote:
> > In article <9c703f9e-102a-4f28-901b-e9df3ab24e0a@>,
> >
> > blackheart666_2000
> >
> > > Word is out that August sees Fantasy getting new Lizardmen with an emphasis on big dinosaurs. If I was inclined to do Lizardmen, I believe that I would model a "Baron Von Dinosaur".
> >

> > > Black Legion are getting the next side codex. No word on the release of a hard copy book. I'm more interested in this one since Black Legion was my first "serious" army going back to Rogue Trader and the Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness book. I'm hoping they fixed the oversight in the main book of having un-marked or "Mark of Chaos Undivided" Demon Princes. No, they wouldn't be "competitive" at all... but I don't play tournament monkeys.
> >

> > I can't figure out what's up with releasing the electronic versions
> >
> > MONTHS before a hard-copy of the mini-dexes come out. It's the same
> >
> > with the Far-Sight stuff for Tau. Seems odd.
> >

> It's basically a case of they didn't expect these to be super popular. They figured they throw the Iyanden book out there with a small print run and sell out the few thousand copies they had printed in a few months. Then everyone bought it and they realized they have free money. But now they needed another print run of Iyanden and they had several more of these getting ready to go to print.
>
> I think they've also had an issue with the printer they use getting behind and they're still trying to hold to a monthly "real codex" release.

That I can understand - but with the electronic version all over the
inter-webz for free already, who's going to pay for the hardcopy when it
comes out months from now?

Myr

--
"I'm already impoverished from buying wargames minis,
and I'm too knackered for riotous living..."

-- Moramarth

RGMW FAQ: http://ww...

Blackheart

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:42:57 AM UTC-4, Myrmidon wrote:
>,
>
> blackheart666_2000 says...
>
> > On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:55:50 PM UTC-4, Myrmidon wrote:
>
> > > In article <9c703f9e-102a-4f28-901b-e9df3ab24e0a@>,
>

> > > blackheart666_2000

> > > I can't figure out what's up with releasing the electronic versions
>

> > > MONTHS before a hard-copy of the mini-dexes come out. It's the same
>

> > > with the Far-Sight stuff for Tau. Seems odd.
>

> > It's basically a case of they didn't expect these to be super popular. They figured they throw the Iyanden book out there with a small print run and sell out the few thousand copies they had printed in a few months. Then everyone bought it and they realized they have free money. But now they needed another print run of Iyanden and they had several more of these getting ready to go to print.
>

> > I think they've also had an issue with the printer they use getting behind and they're still trying to hold to a monthly "real codex" release.
>

> That I can understand - but with the electronic version all over the
>
> inter-webz for free already, who's going to pay for the hardcopy when it
>
> comes out months from now?

I probably will. I'm pretty much collecting the books as they come out. *shrug* I'm not into the "piracy" racket.