Rubyist formerlly known as Newbie

Jason Ashbaugh

5/14/2005 2:56:00 AM

I just wanted to say out loud, thanks to Chris Pine. I started learning
Ruby about 2 years ago (something came up early on, and I had to drop
most of my "learning" activities). Chris' introduction to programmning
was much shorter then :). But About two months ago I decided I had time
to finally learn to program, and I knew Ruby was still the language I
wanted to learn, so I google for "Ruby Pine" (I still remembered his
last name it made such an impression) and I printed out your webpages.

After two months of toting them back and forth to work on a clipboard I
finally feel like I understand enough programming to start learning :)

Thank you Chris, your work has helped one more person in this world, and
may be helping two more co-workers.

My first long-term goal is to create an automation type toolkit for
forensic tools I use regularly. In the short run I'm gonna pop over to
rubyforge or sourceforge and find a project to join soon, unless anyone
has better suggestions?

As a follow-on thanks, Matz, the core devs, and all the listers...
you've helped create the first language this SA/Forensicist has enjoyed
working with.

Jason_Ashbaugh.thankful
2 Answers

Chris Pine

> ...so I google for "Ruby Pine"

I forgot to mention, we have since had a little girl and named her
Ruby Pine. Our announcement:

http://tinyurl...

(The picture link is old, but if you just delete the "FamilyPictures"
part of the url, it will work just fine.)

Chris Pine

Oops! Sorry... I was trying to respond to him personally (didn't mean
to send this to the whole group)

Of course, I'm probably only making it worse by sending an apology to
the whole group, but maybe sometimes two wrongs really *do* make a
right.

:)