Robin Prosch via .NET 247

6/5/2004 9:29:00 PM

(Type your message here)
I am using Interfaces to call remote objects in vb.net.how i can raise events to the client through interfaces
--------------------------------
From: Babar Mushtaq

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>g9cF2iy/VUqRKI1Qrs2o0w==</Id>
1 Answer

Allen Anderson

add an ''event'' to the interface. Subscribe to the event from the
client and call the event from the implemented class. Works perfectly
for me. Remember though when you do this that remoting creates a
channel in each direction when it calls an event so you have to make
sure if you have a router or firewall in between that the route is
correctly setup.

Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website url here.com