Remoting Callbacks from Managed C++ to C# Client

Robin Prosch via .NET 247

6/5/2004 9:26:00 PM

I am having trouble making Async callbacks from Managed C++=
Remote object to a C# Client=2E I am able to make Synchronous=
callbacks to the client but the problem is, the client may no=
longer be available when the callback occurs and the remoting=
host crashes (just waits for the function to return - which will=
never happen)=2E If I am able to make all callbacks to the Client=
from the Managed C++ remote object as Async calls, (I am able to=
do Async callbacks from a C# remoting host) it will solve my=
problem=2E I am using an Interface based design pattern=2E

If anyone can shed some light on this=2E=2E=2E

Thanks and let me know if you need more information on this=
problem to reply=2E

--------------------------------
From: Vamsi Prattipati

-----------------------
Posted by a user from =2ENET 247 (http://www=2Edotnet247=2Ecom/)

<Id>5fKwIaUcTE2ACtQBFxX4TQ=3D=3D</Id>
1 Answer

Allen Anderson

the way I get around this problem im my code is that I manually
enumerate through the callbacks of an ''event'' object and I BeginInvoke
on each. This puts each in its own seperate thread from the
threadpool. If one fails then you can just remove that callback from
the event. There was a great example of this in teh ingo rammer
remoting book if I remember correctly. If you need an example I might
be able to dig through and find that to post here.

Allen Anderson
http://www.glacialcomp...
mailto: allen@put my website url here.com