Re: Remoted objects never garbage collected.

(Barry Anderberg)

6/5/2004 4:01:00 AM

Hello Sunny.

I'm not at work now so this is from memory but I think the Carrier class
inherits from an object that inherits from MarshalByReferenceObject.

It is possible it is marked serializable but I am pretty sure it isn't.

Since it inherits from MarshalByReferenceObject that means the client is
passed a reference to the object right?

Objects marked serializable are passed by value meaning the client gets
its own copy.

Anyway, any help you can offer to clear this up would be greatly
appreciated.

*** Sent via Devdex http://www.... ***