COM+ component giving wierd error in WebService

Daryl Davis

6/9/2004 7:47:00 PM

I had this working once apon a time before my code was obliterated....

This is a simple dll hosted on a server that goes to a database and returns
the next available number.
I am wrapping it into a webservice so that I can use handheld devices.
the error I get is
Run-time exception thrown : System.NullReferenceException - Object reference
not set to an instance of an object.

when I call the function.

if I set ref = hallcallermain.clscallermain the error is

"System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

when it try's to create object.

any ideas? (code below)

<WebMethod(Description:="Goes to server and returns next available number")>
_

Public Overridable Function GetNextComNumber() As Integer

Dim ref As Object

Try

ref = CreateObject("hallcallermain.clscallermain", "\\192.168.10.254")

Catch ex As Exception

Return 0

End Try

Return ref.GetNextComNumber