Command Mobile Control/OpenWave 4.1 Problem

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

7/9/2004 6:23:00 PM

Hi, folks,

We created an ASP.NET 2003 page in order to try out the mobile
control command button. The page consists of two forms: One form
has the button which, when pressed, takes you to the other form.

The ASP.NET page is put on four web sites, all run with the IIS
5.x server: the local hosts on my workstation and a co-worker's;
a test server set up by my co-worker; and the target host.

The button works fine on the first three hosts. But when the button
is pressed on the page in the target host, a "HTTP 405 error:
method not found." is generated.

This error is generated when an OpenWave 4.1 minibrowser
is used to access the page and press the button. This happens
whether we use the OpenWave emulator or an OpenWave cellphone (in our
case, a Nokia 3589i). No other minibrowser has this problem.

We've narrowed the problem to the target server, since the OpenWave
minibrowsers work fine on other pages at other sites. We've tried
tweaking the MIME settings on the target host, but the 405 error
still appears.

If you can give us any suggestions on how we can resolve this
problem -- which may get serious because a majority of cellphones
are OpenWave-compatible -- we will appreciate your help.

As an aid, I include the information generated by the OpenWave
emulator (4.1) when I visit an ASP.NET page made by my co-worker,
enter a query, and press page's button.
---
Andy West
Mobile Computing Developer
University Libraries
Ball State Unversity

----------------- DATA SIZE ------------------------
Uncompiled data from FILE is 238 bytes.
...found Content-Type: text/vnd.wap.wml.
Compiled WAP binary is 77 bytes.
cache miss: {
<http://www.bsu.edu/libraries/mosearchfor...
}
net request: {
<http://www.bsu.edu/libraries/mosearchfor...
}

HTTP GET Request: http://www.bsu.edu/libraries/mosearc...
Checking for URL 'www.bsu.edu/libraries/mosearchform.aspx' in Whitelist
not found

----------------- DATA SIZE ------------------------
Uncompiled data from HTTP is 683 bytes.
...found Content-Type: text/vnd.wap.wml.
Compiled WAP binary is 349 bytes.
cache miss: {
<http://www.bsu.edu/mosearchform.aspx?0oc=106&__ufps=7...
}
net request: {
<http://www.bsu.edu/mosearchform.aspx?0oc=106&__ufps=7...
}

HTTP POST Request: http://www.bsu.edu/mosearchform.aspx?__uf...
Checking for URL 'www.bsu.edu/mosearchform.aspx?__ufps=7016491' in Whitelist
not found
POST Data:
__VIEWSTATE=aDxfX1A7QDw746ui56KS5LaO4KOHLDE7Pjs%2bPENhL4a7MhqvszNdOCBvUK0v7sk%3d
&__EVENTTARGET=Command_field&TextBox_search_parameter=Cats

HTTP Error: 405