Re: [ANN] Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit - release 0.6.5

Neville Burnell

5/12/2005 12:18:00 AM

For some reason, it doesn't show up in my jEdit Plugin Manager when I
select 'Update' :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob . [mailto:rob.02004@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2005 9:55 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ANN] Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit - release 0.6.5

Release 0.6.5 of the jEdit Ruby Editor Plugin is available from the
download site:

http://www.jedit...

Changes include:
- Class hierarchy information added to the RDocViewer documentation
display.
- Fix for the missing parameters in the structure browser/popup
(reported by Stefan).
- Fix for method completion popup showing when editing comment or string
(reported by Eric), this fix requires downloading Karl's ruby.xml file
which is also on the download site.
- Fix for method completion selection unnecessarily adding parentheses
to the end of zero parameter methods (reported by Ben).

Thanks for the great feedback from those using the plugin. I'm
endeavoring to fix some other problems that are in the SideKick plugin
code. The SideKick plugin is used by the Ruby plugin to provide method
completion support. Know problems with the SideKick plugin are: tab key
doesn't trigger completion under Windows; backspace key closes
completion popup instead of rewidening the list of available methods.

Cheers,
Rob

1 Answer

Rob .

Only manual download from the website is available at present. I
intend to follow the procedure to get the plugin released via the
plugin manager this weekend. Then it is up to the jEdit plugin release
managers as to when that'll be packaged and made downloadable via the
plugin manager.

For this short iteration development/bug-fix cycle it's been much
quicker and easier to put up the plugin for manual downloading; giving
me more time to code features and fixes. :-)

Rob
http://www.jedit...