Ruby Challenge

Pit Capitain

5/11/2005 10:06:00 PM

Hi Quizzers,

if you haven't seen it yet, take a look at http://www.pythoncha...

They call it "Python Challenge", but of course Ruby can be used, too.

Have fun,
Pit

5 Answers

Bill Clagett

Ruby can get you through a few pages. But pretty soon you run into a
serialized Python object.

--
#S(SIGNATURE :EMAIL "bill@32768.com" :WEBSITE "http://32768.com/...)

Gyoung-Yoon Noh

Indeed, you'll import that. pick hill. ;)
I'd stopped at 'zip' problem.

On 5/12/05, Bill Clagett <bill@32768.com> wrote:
> Ruby can get you through a few pages. But pretty soon you run into a
> serialized Python object.
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 07:05:40AM +0900, Pit Capitain wrote:
> > Hi Quizzers,
> >
> > if you haven't seen it yet, take a look at http://www.pythoncha...
> >
> > They call it "Python Challenge", but of course Ruby can be used, too.
> >
> > Have fun,
> > Pit
> >

> --
> #S(SIGNATURE :EMAIL "bill@32768.com" :WEBSITE "http://32768.com/...)

--
http://nohmad.su...

Bill Guindon

On 5/11/05, Gyoung-Yoon Noh <nohmad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, you'll import that. pick hill. ;)
> I'd stopped at 'zip' problem.

Shame, hit the same wall. Anybody have the answer (send off list) so
I can see what follows?
Or, is there some way to emulate the python lib in ruby?

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Pit Capitain

Bill Guindon schrieb:
> Or, is there some way to emulate the python lib in ruby?

I looked at the module in the Python sources via the web interface to
the CVS repository. With those infos I could decipher the file format
and write a Ruby script to get at the important data.

Tell me if you need more help. I'm currently stuck at level 7.

Regards,
Pit

Bill Guindon

On 5/11/05, Pit Capitain <pit@capitain.de> wrote:
> Bill Guindon schrieb:
> > Or, is there some way to emulate the python lib in ruby?
>
> I looked at the module in the Python sources via the web interface to
> the CVS repository. With those infos I could decipher the file format
> and write a Ruby script to get at the important data.

I may just go that route, but probably not until tomorrow.

> Tell me if you need more help. I'm currently stuck at level 7.

I may go that route instead, but the same time ;)

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)