Re: Does any Ruby parser exist ?

Eric Mahurin

5/10/2005 8:14:00 PM

Here is general parser/lexer I did:

http://www.ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

It is quite functional right now. I see no reason you couldn't
write up the grammar for Ruby and do whatever you want to the
parse tree (during parsing or after).

I'll be renaming the project to 'grammar' and putting it on
rubyforge. The primary things on my list are some additions to
make creating a lexer easier and a better IO interface
(rubyforge project 'cursor'). The same classes will be used
for the parser and lexer - they just parse different things -
tokens vs. characters.

http://promotions.yahoo.co...