Instiki/Redcloth Escaping

James Gray

5/10/2005 7:07:00 PM

I need to use * in my wiki, set to use Textile. How can I escape it,
so it's not considered the start of a bold sequence? Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

3 Answers

Tilman Sauerbeck

James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2005-05-11 04:06]:
> I need to use * in my wiki, set to use Textile. How can I escape it, so it's
> not considered the start of a bold sequence? Thanks.

<notextile>* foo</notextile>

Had a hard time finding this myself :)

Regards,
Tilman

--
learn to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2...

James Gray

On May 10, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:

> James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2005-05-11 04:06]:
>
>> I need to use * in my wiki, set to use Textile. How can I escape
>> it, so it's
>> not considered the start of a bold sequence? Thanks.
>>

> <notextile>* foo</notextile>
>
> Had a hard time finding this myself :)

Perfect. Thank you.

James Edward Gray II

Assaph Mehr

Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2005-05-11 04:06]:
>> I need to use * in my wiki, set to use Textile. How can I escape
it,
>> so it's not considered the start of a bold sequence? Thanks.
>
> <notextile>* foo</notextile>

<notextile> is handled by RedCloth to prevent processing of the
enclosed content. There's also the more generic <nowiki> in Instiki
that will escape all wiki transformation (like linking WikiWords).
(But note that in Instiki 0.10.1 there is a bug where the <nowiki>
cannot span multiple lines; a bug that has been fixed in svn :-)

HTH,
Assaph