Re: [ETYMOLOGY] - Sterile Classes / Sterile Meta Classes

Thomas Adam

5/8/2005 3:37:00 PM

--- Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com> wrote:
> provisionally agreed.

Oh, it wasn't conditional, Ilias. Sterile's meaning is rooted in
infertility.

> Overlay Class.
> don't know, possibly need a break.

Quite. But overlay? No, that would suggest a relationship with an
object -- even perhaps in terms of replaceability. Hmm, "Mapped
Abstract Class" is "better", but seems a little terse.

Ah well, I'm sure thoughts will prevail.

-- Thomas Adam

snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos...

3 Answers

Ryan Leavengood

I personally still like "shadow class", but I admit part of my like for
it may be because I thought of it :)

Ryan

Sean O'Dell

From what I remember when learning what the Singleton class really was, the
term "shadow class" would have gone a long way towards helping to clarify
what it was. I like this term, if only for that reason.

Sean

On Sunday 08 May 2005 08:51, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> I personally still like "shadow class", but I admit part of my like for
> it may be because I thought of it :)
>
> Ryan

Ilias Lazaridis

Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
>>provisionally agreed.
>
> Oh, it wasn't conditional, Ilias. Sterile's meaning is rooted in
> infertility.

yes, but _I_ just provisinally agreed (I need some time to decouple
mentally from the term I've 'created')

but now I'm ready:

agreed.

>>Overlay Class.
>>don't know, possibly need a break.
>
> Quite. But overlay? No, that would suggest a relationship with an
> object -- even perhaps in terms of replaceability. Hmm, "Mapped
> Abstract Class" is "better", but seems a little terse.
>
> Ah well, I'm sure thoughts will prevail.

Yes, the thread looks good.

I'll take now a break for a day or two, and will then look closer to the
collected terms.

.

--
http://laz...