[OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an Open Source Project

Ilias Lazaridis

5/7/2005 11:57:00 AM

George Moschovitis wrote
[
within thread:
Re: [Nitro] [OG] - 0.16.0 with automated table evolution
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.g...
]
> Thanks.
>
> BTW, there is a code repository for Nitro/Og that includes the latest
> version.

ok

> This repository is open to a group of 5 developers that have
> given me valuable suggestions, bug reports through private emails.

Open to 5 (five!!!) developers [= feedback contributors]

=> Bug Reporst via emails.

> So there *are* people reviewing the new Og code.

5 - very impressive.

> Moreover, I consider all
> the suggestions posted to this list. If anyone on this list *really*
> wants to see the latest code just send me an email and I can arrange
> this.

I've seldom seen such an amateur insisting on his own inability.

Do you really think that I would _ask_ you for access to an
open-source-project repository?

How ridiculous.

> But I would advice to be patient, a new version will be released real
> soon now (sic). It will not contain all the planned features but will
> allow for broader review of the new code by all interested parties.

I would advice you to become serious and professional - and to cover at
least general requirements for an open-source project.

I would additionally advice you, to remove immediately the moderation
from my account on the "nitro.general" list.

-
-
-

Status Quo:

Open Source Product, minimum Requirement: Open Source

Open Source Project, minimum Requirement: Open Source Repository

http://laz.../core/project...

.

--
http://laz...
14 Answers

Bill Guindon

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

Ilias Lazaridis

Bill Guindon wrote:
> On 5/7/05, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
>>George Moschovitis wrote
>>
>>>Moreover, I consider all
>>>the suggestions posted to this list. If anyone on this list *really*
>>>wants to see the latest code just send me an email and I can arrange
>>>this.
>>
>>I've seldom seen such an amateur insisting on his own inability.
>>
>>Do you really think that I would _ask_ you for access to an
>>open-source-project repository?
>>
>>How ridiculous.
>
> On 5/6/05, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias@lazaridis.com> wrote:
>
>>anyone intrested can get the file, simply by droping me a private email.
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

you are a little confused, aren't you?

comparing action with reaction.

"
[as a protest to the non-existent public code-repository and to
non-supporting my efforts on the project-forum (no responses), I've not
followed Mr. Moschovitis request to sent him the file]
"

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

-

Independent of the above:

_I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.

.

--
http://laz...

Dmitry V. Sabanin

On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> _I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.
Definitely! You are an *idiot*

--
sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
http://m...

james_b

Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
>>_I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.
>
> Definitely! You are an *idiot*

And I was hoping this list could avoid the same stream of crap that
plagued ruby-talk.

James

Ilias Lazaridis

James Britt wrote:
> Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>>
>>> _I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.
>>
>> Definitely! You are an *idiot*
>
> And I was hoping this list could avoid the same stream of crap that
> plagued ruby-talk.
>
> James

Whow!

what an excellent fact-oriented analytical conversation.

.

--
http://laz...

Jon A. Lambert

Ilias Lazaridis farted:

> what an excellent fact-oriented analytical conversation.
>
> ..

.
Open source manifesto
Section 9 - Responsibilities
17/J - Open source is not a suicide pact with idiots, imbeciles,
morons or retarded squirrels.

Error raised - Section 9-17/J
-
click - closing...

whirrrrr...grind

-
("Helps us! Puuuleeze helps us complete our evaluations!
Waaa! Mean and nasty rubyistses! Braaap!")
/
(_o_) <---Ilias

-
.

--
J. Lambert

Paul Hanchett

Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so that
we don't have to wade through piffle?

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> George Moschovitis wrote
> [
> within thread:
> Re: [Nitro] [OG] - 0.16.0 with automated table evolution
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.g...
> ]
>
>> Thanks.
>> BTW, there is a code repository for Nitro/Og that includes the latest
>> version.
>

> ok
>
>> This repository is open to a group of 5 developers that have
>> given me valuable suggestions, bug reports through private emails.
>

> Open to 5 (five!!!) developers [= feedback contributors]
>
> => Bug Reporst via emails.
>
>> So there *are* people reviewing the new Og code.
>

> 5 - very impressive.
>
>> Moreover, I consider all
>> the suggestions posted to this list. If anyone on this list *really*
>> wants to see the latest code just send me an email and I can arrange
>> this.
>

> I've seldom seen such an amateur insisting on his own inability.
>
> Do you really think that I would _ask_ you for access to an
> open-source-project repository?
>
> How ridiculous.
>
>> But I would advice to be patient, a new version will be released real
>> soon now (sic). It will not contain all the planned features but will
>> allow for broader review of the new code by all interested parties.
>

> I would advice you to become serious and professional - and to cover at
> least general requirements for an open-source project.
>
> I would additionally advice you, to remove immediately the moderation
> from my account on the "nitro.general" list.
>
> -
> -
> -
>
> Status Quo:
>
> Open Source Product, minimum Requirement: Open Source
>
> Open Source Project, minimum Requirement: Open Source Repository
>
> http://lazaridis.com/core/project...
>
> .

Ilias Lazaridis

Paul Hanchett wrote:
> Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so that
> we don't have to wade through piffle?

wake up.

usenet is nothing for weak puppets.

it's censorship-free.

.

--
http://laz...

Shalev NessAiver

On May 7, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Paul Hanchett wrote:

> Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so
> that we don't have to wade through piffle?

Sorry, just read this.

If you're using Mail.app just add a rule:

If <any> of the following conditions are met:

From Contains illias@lazaridis.com

Perform the following actions:

Delete Message

or Move message to mailbox: Spam

The point is, if you're annoyed by it, do something about it.
Most email clients can do something similar to this.

While I agree that this is not ideal, the whole mailing list system
would
need reworking to completely eliminate someone entirely (that's just how
I understand it anyway).

-Shalev

Nikolai Weibull

Shalev NessAiver, May 13:

> If <any> of the following conditions are met:
>
> From Contains illias@lazaridis.com
â?®

This only captures messages from illias himself, not people who have
responded to threads started by him. What most people want is to ignore
the threads as a whole, not just illias posts to it,
nikolai

--
Nikolai Weibull: now available free of charge at http:/...!